Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The Florida state legislature has passed a motion to keep Florida in daylight savings time year-round. There are of course bigger issues at play here, but this would mess with Tampa Bay and Florida tv ratings since it'd basically put the state into it's own time zone during hockey season.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The Florida state legislature has passed a motion to keep Florida in daylight savings time year-round. There are of course bigger issues at play here, but this would mess with Tampa Bay and Florida tv ratings since it'd basically put the state into it's own time zone during hockey season.

Ive been saying for a long time that we need to keep daylight savings time all year. Didnt think how it would affect hockey season though.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I'm all for daylight savings time year round. Sucks getting home from work and not having any time to take my kids to the playground cause its dark at 6pm. And on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays ... having to try and find lighted basketball courts or soccer fields to play pick-up games. While on Savings time none of those are issues ... the evening weekday activities pretty much are done with 4 months during the year.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

I wish Ontario would do this. The early sunsets make Canadian winters even more brutal to endure. I'm looking forward to 7:30 pm sunsets next week.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Nice little nugget here ... NYR fans are gonna go nuts over this. Tony D basically saying Tampa fans are loyal and Ranger fans should be more like TBL fans.
I mean - I would phrase it differently, but he isn't wrong. The media in some of those big markets turn the fans against certain players on the team and forces the entire locker room to defend whoever the goat is at a particular moment. The "reports" that come out of NY or Montreal after a player is traded is shameful.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If you want them to cool it, then fix the damn problem already.
pretty much every comment on Sportsnet's tweet is to that effect.

The secret to bitching for change is to have it come from the people most directly affected, so players and coaches in this case. It's not great for the #brand, but there's pressure now to get it fixed.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
This is good news. They are still 6 points back, but now have only two games on us.

Both teams still control their own destiny with upcoming head-to-head games. Hope that we can gain more ground and not have to rely on those games, but the Bruins aren't letting up.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We can pull away with a win on Saturday. ...So long as we don't screw Tuesday up.

The Leafs are now 13 points back.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We can pull away with a win on Saturday. ...So long as we don't screw Tuesday up.

The Leafs are now 13 points back.

Ottawa is going to be on the second of a back to back. We should be able to win that with a few nights rest. Keyword should.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

I think the rules are pretty clear:

DX-P21kWkAI8VED.jpg

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Wasn't able to get tickets for the games in Helsinki in November... I guess single seats still would've been available but I didn't really want to go alone. It was pretty annoying when I realized this morning that there was a presale a few days ago which I was totally unaware of. I was there buying the tickets as soon as they went on sale but they were gone in a matter of minutes.

Meuracas

Nov 2, 2013
Wasn't able to get tickets for the games in Helsinki in November... I guess single seats still would've been available but I didn't really want to go alone. It was pretty annoying when I realized this morning that there was a presale a few days ago which I was totally unaware of. I was there buying the tickets as soon as they went on sale but they were gone in a matter of minutes.
Yeah, I also find it weird that approximately 50% of the tickets were apparently available through the presale. Luckily someone shared the presale link in our beer league WhatsApp group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->