Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The Avs are redefining mediocrity:

22-22-8 record, 52 points in 52 games, goals 173:173 +0
Being .500 isn't really mediocre in the NHL though to its stupid point system. It's below average. The team right in the middle of the standings league wide is Carolina with 58 points in 53.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
FBqj2oSh.jpg

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Former assistant gm, interim gm, advisor to the gm, and college scout for the Bolts. Joined Minnesota this past offseason after working the previous 10 years with the Bolts.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
In case you guys wanted an update, Namestnikov has 1 point in his last 20 games. He also plays about 15 minutes per game on the third line, so its not as if he's a 4th line boxer who plays 5 minutes per game.

I have no idea how he did so well with Stamkov and Kucherov. He's a terrible hockey player.

Reactions: Hoek

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
In case you guys wanted an update, Namestnikov has 1 point in his last 20 games. He also plays about 15 minutes per game on the third line, so its not as if he's a 4th line boxer who plays 5 minutes per game.

I have no idea how he did so well with Stamkov and Kucherov. He's a terrible hockey player.

We pretty much knew without looking up stats.

He did well with Stamkos and Kucherov because... well, when they're both playing their A-game (or at least Kucherov is), who wouldn't?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I wish he was a better player because he has such a likable personality but he really hasn't succeeded anywhere but with Kuch and Stamkos. He shouldn't be 1 point in 20 games bad, but still pretty bad.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

He plays with blinders on and he has the hockey IQ of someone who has to wear a helmet in all areas of life, not just hockey.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
I love vlad but he was in the perfect environment here in Tampa where he could be a 3rd wheel on any of the top 3 lines, the fact that the Rangers actively wanted him is puzzling.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

How are you guys liking Howden? He was always the toughest piece to move on from.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How are you guys liking Howden? He was always the toughest piece to move on from.

He started really well and looked like he might’ve been undervalued by Tampa and New York, but then he hit the rookie wall, and was struggling to tread water for a few months. I thought he was on the verge of a demotion when he got injured a couple of weeks ago.

He should be back before the end of the season and get a few more games in. I think it’s been a good season for him. He’s had some really good play and some really bad, but he’s a rookie and he wasn’t even expected to make the team. He outplayed Andersson for a spot and I think has moved ahead of him for an eventual role among the team’s centers.

The other piece in the deal Hajek looks underwhelming. He was hyped as the big piece in the trade by the Rangers and their media mouthpieces, but he’s having a rough season in the AHL. To be fair, it’s his first pro season and he probably still can be a bottom pairing or maybe a low-end middle pairing defenseman, but he’s not the “McDonagh replacement” some claimed he was. He doesn’t have the puck skills to put up much offense.

A season on from the trade, Howden has pulled away as the clear best prospect from the trade. I don’t know how you guys looked at them a year ago, but Howden can hold his own in the NHL and Hajek isn’t a good AHL’er yet. It’s odd how it was spun initially as the opposite by the Rangers and the media.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
He started really well and looked like he might’ve been undervalued by Tampa and New York, but then he hit the rookie wall, and was struggling to tread water for a few months. I thought he was on the verge of a demotion when he got injured a couple of weeks ago.

He should be back before the end of the season and get a few more games in. I think it’s been a good season for him. He’s had some really good play and some really bad, but he’s a rookie and he wasn’t even expected to make the team. He outplayed Andersson for a spot and I think has moved ahead of him for an eventual role among the team’s centers.

The other piece in the deal Hajek looks underwhelming. He was hyped as the big piece in the trade by the Rangers and their media mouthpieces, but he’s having a rough season in the AHL. To be fair, it’s his first pro season and he probably still can be a bottom pairing or maybe a low-end middle pairing defenseman, but he’s not the “McDonagh replacement” some claimed he was. He doesn’t have the puck skills to put up much offense.

A season on from the trade, Howden has pulled away as the clear best prospect from the trade. I don’t know how you guys looked at them a year ago, but Howden can hold his own in the NHL and Hajek isn’t a good AHL’er yet. It’s odd how it was spun initially as the opposite by the Rangers and the media.
I think Howden was always a very safe prospect, while Hajek has upside but some risk. Howden was always going to be an NHLer, but he has a ceiling. I think the hope was Hajek had some untapped potential.

Just glad we didnt give up Cernak. Kid is a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->