Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I'm torn between going to Stockholm or Helsinki. I have a couple of friends who are Devils fans and none are Winnipeg or Florida fans so my decision could've been made for me :laugh: Oh what would I give to see Tampa here in Finland or Sweden.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I watched the Paul Ranger thing. I don't necessarily blame Paul for going back home. Having the pressure of the crowd and having to perform each game can very well be too much. I wasn't sure if he was just living by himself or what.

What the documentary does not really mention is when he started getting treatment. It says his family encouraged him, but didn't really pursue the details after that. If your brain isn't producing the right chemicals, what are you going to do?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Touching stuff. A career or hockey is not everything. As long as he sees the light again and is happy...

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Pretty wild call, but Allen not trying to sell it like Price did against us in 2014 probably didn't do them any favors.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Don't know what people mean when they say Drouin is invisible this year. I turn the Habs game on and he goes head first into the goal post and not much later gets cut as he takes a stick to the face. He's been very visible.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Wow, I don't think I have ever seen a rebuild "warning" letter go out like that before. Do pro teams normally do stuff like that?
I've been seeing more mid-season letters to fans this year (this is only like the second, up from none). Probably a positive (?) change brought on by the social media age. You know if they start selling suddenly how their fans would react.

I've been wondering for years why there wasn't a more regular series of owner or GM memos to fans, given how much power fans (especially often ill-informed ones) actually have through the internet to control narratives and shred things they don't like.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Tom Anselmi only took the President role just a little over a year ago (Jan 25, 2017). Got to wonder what's been going on behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->