Salary Cap: Armchair Jets GM

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If Chevy could somehow , someway , trade our 4.1 million dollar , i can't believe he's injured again , back-up . It would definitely help with our cap this season .:laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Our team has no problem with physicality in my opinion we were one of the most physical teams in the playoffs. We don’t need an agitator with suspect self control. I don’t have a problem with Lemieux the hockey player but I think he is more of a 4th line talent at this point and he has the potential to be a distraction still. If he makes the Jets and finds a way to contribute “positively” I will be pleased but I don’t look at him as a missing ingredient.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
In a recent interview Maurice indicated how impressed he was with Roslovic during the playoffs and even eluded to the fact he will get a look at C. That is a big change from Maurice with regards to his usage on the team going forward. I am happy to see that the org will look to develop him as a C as we will need another top 6 C in a couple of years time.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
In a recent interview Maurice indicated how impressed he was with Roslovic during the playoffs and even eluded to the fact he will get a look at C. That is a big change from Maurice with regards to his usage on the team going forward. I am happy to see that the org will look to develop him as a C as we will need another top 6 C in a couple of years time.
I am very high on Roslovic. I think he's a top-6 talent. If he can play 2-C, the Jets are in really good shape. I think he's smart enough to manage that role.

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Roslovic-Laine
Petan/Lemieux-Little-Armia
Copp-Lowry-Tanev

That is a very deep and talented forward group, especially with the likely development of Connor, Ehlers, Laine and Roslovic.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I am expecting that we get at least one marquee RFA contract announced next week. I would prefer two though.

I also expect that we will see Perrault moved in the next week and a half.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If Chevy could somehow , someway , trade our 4.1 million dollar , i can't believe he's injured again , back-up . It would definitely help with our cap this season .:laugh:

Buffalo has no goalie. I think Armia + Mason would get a deal done for a late round pick in return. Armia must have lost favour with Maurice after a pretty mediocre playoff.

Perreault has value. I think Montreal would jump on him. As a winger for Drouin. Get something back.

Team is set

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Stastny-Laine
Tanev-Lowry-Little
Copp-Roslovic-Reaves
Dano, Petan

I don't want Roslovic playing too high in the lineup. This year I think he earns more ice time if Perreault is moved, on the 2nd Pp, and replacing Armia on the PK. One of the smart things Maurice did was to promote Roslovic when he was going, demoting players like Connor and Ehlers. Take him out and guys like Copp or Dano aren't above a 3rd line and really no replacement for the stars. Petan can replace Reaves, but should not move beyond a 4th line, 2nd Pp.

Myers-Buff
Morrissey-Trouba
Kulikov-Poolman

Chiarot, Morrow

Hellebuyck
Cheap backup (Halak?)

Moose

Veselainen-DeLeo-Appleton
Lemieux-?-Spacek
Suess-Harkins-Lipon

Niku-Nogier
Stanley-Green