Speculation: Armchair GM Thread: There are no solutions, only problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
What are some good right handed forwards that can carry the puck and pot the odd goal?

Like a less talented Filip Forsberg. The Flames could use one of those

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I thought threads could go past 1000 now, since the update?

They can but now we get a new fun thread title

Wouldn't be opposed to Hamilton for Stone if the coaches continue to misuse him like they do. No sense having a guy with his talent if you're not going to get the most of it.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
What are some good right handed forwards that can carry the puck and pot the odd goal?

Like a less talented Filip Forsberg. The Flames could use one of those

1200px-Elias_Lindholm_2013-2.jpg

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Just curious as to what others think, but will Lazar be a part of this teams future? Do you seem him as an eventual regular?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Just curious as to what others think, but will Lazar be a part of this teams future? Do you seem him as an eventual regular?
I don't think he gets extended after his contract runs out. Might even get traded in the summer for a low pick

We have a lot of players that could fill his role quite easily

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I don't think he gets extended after his contract runs out. Might even get traded in the summer for a low pick

We have a lot of players that could fill his role quite easily

My next question becomes who will be the Flames 4C next year? Because I doubt Dube is ready, and I wouldn't trust Lazar to hold that spot down.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I see him getting waived before March. If he clears, he may get some development. Otherwise bon voyage.

Definitely a possibility, especially if Calgary acquires Kane or someone else. They won't waive Stajan, and Brouwer has been decent lately. Familton likely sticks around too. Lazar seems to be the odd man out (if/when versteeg is back, I'd imagine he's waived).

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

I think he definitely should be, well as much as any bottom 6 player should be part of the team going forward.

He will be a cheap option going forward, brings a lot of energy, above average speed, versatility to play all 3 spots up front, some ability to PK and has some offensive skills (for a bottom 6er). Now if younger guys pass then kick him to the curb but he has shown enough that I think he fits perfectly as the 10-13th forward.

Will he is a complicated question because the team did give up a 2nd for him so they obviously saw something in him but at the same time they constantly sit him for clearly worse players. I think he gets at least one show me deal for a year or maybe two from the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad