Speculation: Armchair GM Thread: There are no bad proposals, only bad players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He's probably not available, but is the value good for you guys ?

:habs

Sean Monahan
Lance Bouma

:flames

Mikhaïl Sergachev
Brendan Gallagher
1st 2017

Nah we can't trade Monahan. He's our #1C and will be for a decade. I'm a big Sergachev fan though. You guys got a god one.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
That's a no to dealing Mony.

Makes too big a hole in our roster right as it's getting ready to take the proverbial next step, and Gallagher as a winger wouldn't come close to filling it. The 1st and Sergachev are nice valuable pieces for the future but fail to help us now.

Gallagher is a guy I'd like to add to our current roster without creating another hole in it as in my opinion he'd be a great add for the top line RW spot.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
You guys are out to lunch. Monahan is only a top 6 player if he's a winger. At C he's a #3 at best.

For sure.

The league is just riddled with 60+ point 25+ goal #3C's

It's an epidemic.

I assume by your user name combined with the absurdity of the post you are being 100% facetious?

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Nah we can't trade Monahan. He's our #1C and will be for a decade. I'm a big Sergachev fan though. You guys got a god one.

Yep, can't wait to see him.. hopefully next year! Still, I'd give him for Monahan! You got lucky on him too, tremendous C

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You guys are out to lunch. Monahan is only a top 6 player if he's a winger. At C he's a #3 at best.

Huh? What? Did I miss something here? This has to be a joke. Oh right, that's fans of other teams trying to make a deal for Monahan by running down how good he is.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Huh? What? Did I miss something here? This has to be a joke. If you want to split heirs, you can go ahead and call Monahan a high end #2, but that's the worst you could go. Makes me wonder if you actually watch hockey with a comment like that.

It's been mentioned a few posts up, but he's mocking OKG for a post made back at the start of the season.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
If Matt Murray is somehow available, what is the maximum you'd pay for him?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Same here. But he's not available.

Agreed. But what I am more interested is seeing what we are willing to pony up at max.

For instance at eyeball glance: 1.5-2.5x the value we'd give for Grubauer/Mrazek

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
He's probably not available, but is the value good for you guys ?

:habs

Sean Monahan
Lance Bouma

:flames

Mikhaïl Sergachev
Brendan Gallagher
1st 2017

Flames go 25 years without a #1 center then when we finally get one we trade him for a d-man, a draft pick and a winger.

ytho.jpeg

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Monahan is thee most untouchable player on our team. Would rather trade Brodie/Johnny than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->