Speculation: Armchair GM Thread: Post your terrible ideas here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Brouwer?

(Yes, I know we don't like him)

Did he bug Trev to get Brouwer, or did Trev sign Brouwer because Brouwer's wife wanted him to sign with Calgary? Also if so why doesn't he use Brouwer with Gaudreau and Monahan more? They had nice results when they were paired up.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Did he bug Trev to get Brouwer, or did Trev sign Brouwer because Brouwer's wife wanted him to sign with Calgary? Also if so why doesn't he use Brouwer with Gaudreau and Monahan more? They had nice results when they were paired up.

If I had to guess Gully's involvement...

- Brouwer was just natural progression of looking for a top 6 RHS to fill gaps from previous seasons. No Gully involvement.
- Versteeg was just natural progression. Again, no Gully.
- I'm thinking the same of Lazar.

- Chiasson might have been a Gully suggestion. Though I'm more inclined Tre already researched it and suggested it to Gully.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
If I had to guess Gully's involvement...

- Brouwer was just natural progression of looking for a top 6 RHS to fill gaps from previous seasons. No Gully involvement.
- Versteeg was just natural progression. Again, no Gully.
- I'm thinking the same of Lazar.

- Chiasson might have been a Gully suggestion. Though I'm more inclined Tre already researched it and suggested it to Gully.
Both Gully and Cameron would know Chiasson well and of course Cameron would know Lazar well.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015

GG's player usage was awful this year. Sticking Hamilton with garbage for 20 games, sticking Brouwer with a youngin that can't carry him instead of the two stars who can, Brodie with Wideman for way too long, top line winger Alex Chiasson, using Bartkowski at all, the 2nd PP unit being better than the first but getting less ice, Brodie on his offside (though I don't think this was a big impact on Brodie), and sticking Bennett (whose continued development is the key for this franchise to move forward as a contender) with awful 5v5 linemates and giving him no PP time which has probably destroyed his offensive confidence.

This team punched so far below it's weight this year and I hope that GG can fix these problems somewhat next season because he did do a good job overall I think in getting his system implemented and having everyone on the same page. Next year we will see if that leads to an improved record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->