Speculation: Armchair GM Thread Parts Unknown - Hey how about Bennett for Lindholm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Continued from here.

if-youre-reading-this-im-sorry-im-late-16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
@AS and OKG

Perhaps Bouma was an unfair comparison. I think Eaves is a good player, but his offensive numbers this year are likely to be a career high I'm not sure he ever matches again. I also think he may get more in return than he should simply due to his cheap contract and a thin rental market.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I suggest his name specifically because I think he could be had for a lesser haul because of the unsexiness factor. I think what you'd get out of him would likely be better than the price you pay.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
along with the invention of winger goals.

Also all your opinions on Brouwer :sarcasm:

Does it help if I say he's played better recently? The last few games are what I expected more or less, not the hot garbage or whatever he was for the prior 30.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Does it help if I say he's played better recently? The last few games are what I expected more or less, not the hot garbage or whatever he was for the prior 30.
I just wanted to take a friendly jab, lol. I doubt we will ever see eye to eye, but I do think Brouwer will show his value more as the games get tighter down the stretch because that is where we were hurting before.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Nah. Colborne never got the flak that Brouwer gets here while he was a Flame. People only really started turning on Colborne after he signed with Colorado.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I was Colborne's biggest critic here by far and for the life of me I can't remember anything more than indifference and the odd frustration with him.

Even last offseason, people were fine with re-signing Colborne if it was at the right price, whereas here you have people hoping we expose Brouwer in the expansion draft

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I was Colborne's biggest critic here by far and for the life of me I can't remember anything more than indifference and the odd frustration with him.

Even last offseason, people were fine with re-signing Colborne if it was at the right price, whereas here you have people hoping we expose Brouwer in the expansion draft
You clearly paid no attention to how others reacted to Joe. I got into it with LOTS of different posters about Colborne.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
You clearly paid no attention to how others reacted to Joe. I got into it with LOTS of different posters about Colborne.

Feels like there are more people hating on Brouwer compared to a more even split on those that adored Joe and those that disliked him.

All about dem ratios.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Feels like there are more people hating on Brouwer compared to a more even split on those that adored Joe and those that disliked him.

All about dem ratios.
Joe really only had two defenders, me and Ace. There were even multiple people that voted he didn't deserve to be on the opening day roster.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Sharknado is one of the best movies of all time. It's right up there with Lake Placid and the new Ghostbusters, yo. :rant:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Other than a stretch of about 3-4 weeks, I don't recall ever complaining about him. I never viewed him as a core piece, but I think he was serviceable in the right role.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I disliked colborne. I disliked his braindead PKing, his overusage on the PP, his terrible cycling instincts, his lack of hounddog mentality needed to use his size properly, his terrible preseason that somehow kept him on roster while Byron got waived, and I disliked the fact that every goal he scored to finish his flames career was something along the lines of Gio/Bennett/Backlund calling "Bank" off his ass and he was the one who would presumably get paid for it.

That said Bouma has fallen off the map without Hartley's system to cause those awesome scoring rushes. I can admit that Colborne is closer to an NHLer than Bouma. I still like Bouma more. But my preferences are not blind to the fact that Colborne is an upgrade on Bouma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad