Speculation: Armchair GM Thread Part ∞ - Fix This Team Plox

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Wait, I thought "bring back Colborne" was a funny attempt to relieve the frustration around here? Dude will be hard pressed to earn himself another NHL contract, let alone be an upgrade on anyone.

If we're going to do something crazy, might as well throw 6th rounder at St.Louis and bring Yak over, if he's capable of converting point blank chances that Johnny serves up to his stone-hands linemates, that alone puts him above Chia, Brouwer and company.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Wonder if Garrisson or Coburn would be a good pickup for #4 d spot? Tampa might have to add to get a team to bite on one of the contracts. Yzerman has to absolutely move players and salary for next year. Wonder if something like this would work -

Kulak, Bouma, 7th for Coburn, 2nd

Or even go further and add Filppula who has to be protected due to NMC -

Kulak, Bouma, Stajan, 7th for Coburn, Filppula, 2nd

Garrison or Coburn would be awesome, but I really want to find a way to pry Stralman.

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
Seeing how Vancouver may be stupid enough to resign Miller, should we go after Markstrom?

I think you should calm down with your propals since you are constantly suggesting that we should trade for a top4 or a goalie.

Brad is going to improve the team, without hurting the future, he has done it every year since he came here, so there is no need to worry.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Wait, I thought "bring back Colborne" was a funny attempt to relieve the frustration around here? Dude will be hard pressed to earn himself another NHL contract, let alone be an upgrade on anyone.

He'll be joining Curtis Glencross's team soon

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
So looking on the trade boards, I think the Flames should go after some players.

Arizona
Duclair

Calgary
1st 2017

He plays RW and I think he could be that missing piece up front.

Washington (I think Vegas takes Orlov)
Grubauer

Calgary
2nd 2017
Adam Fox

-hope LV takes Brouwer, give them a pick if need be.
-give Duclair, Bennett bridges (2 year 2 mill AAV)
-sign Kulikov 2 year 5.5 million AAV
-sign Engelland 1 year 2 million
-Re-sign Versteeg 2 year 2.5 million AAV
-sign Grubauer 3 year 3.5 million AAV
-sign vet UFA backup maybe CJ 1 year 1 million
-sign Ferland 4 year 1.75 million

Gaudreau-Monahan-Duclair
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Bennett-Jankowski-Versteeg
Ferland-Staj/Ham-Hath/Booms

Giordano-Hamilton
Brodie-Kulikov
Kulak-Engelland

Grubauer
Enroth

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I don't think Duclair has 1st round value anymore.
I'd do Poirier + 2nd/3rd.

Would not move our first.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I don't think Duclair has 1st round value anymore.
I'd do Poirier + 2nd/3rd.

Would not move our first.

Id be shocked if he didn't have middle of the first value in this draft. He scored 20 as a rookie! And he was dominant with Quebec and at the WJC. And he's only 21. I prefer him to anything available in the draft although there are some nice potential pieces available.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Duclair would a be a good target for the Flames. RW with skill and a good release on his shot. scored 20 as a rookie. He's one guy I hope we can acquire coming up.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Moving our 1st this year is a no go for me. Soon enough we'll need young, cost controlled players coming into the lineup.

Unless it's something that's much more of a "sure thing" than Duclair, as I don't think he has that kind of value after this year.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Duclair also shot 19% last season, so I'm not keen on acquiring him at all. He was also the speculated player offered for Hamilton so it's likely the Coyotes massively overvalue him.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
My basic criteria for the forward we need to acquire:

- Tips point shots
- Scores garbage goals
- Good shot in the slot area
- Shoots right
- Can retrieve dump-ins at a high rate
- strong two-way game

Which of those check boxes does Duclair honestly fill? I don't think he even truly fills one.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yep. Or maybe Brendan Gallagher.

Not Brouwer. He doesn't actually pass most of my criteria other than the shot in the slot.

I think he fits them all. He's great two-way, loves going to the dirty areas to score and is a good forechecker. Only thing missing is he hasn't been producing, but I'm assuming you're talking about what you can typically expect from a player, not what he's been doing lately.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I think he fits them all. He's great two-way,

He is not great two-way. Turnover-prone, slow, and ridiculously passive. I'm nervous whenever he is on the ice.

loves going to the dirty areas to score

Only on the power play. Also he is not a deflections guy, which was a huge criteria.

and is a good forechecker.

He really isn't. Rarely turns pucks over and is slow on the chase. He has one good forechecking shift every ten games that stands out, that's about it. We need a guy like Tkachuk who plays the angles like a God, or Ferland who has exceptional foot speed.

Only thing missing is he hasn't been producing, but I'm assuming you're talking about what you can typically expect from a player, not what he's been doing lately.

What I can expect from Brouwer is what he has done from 2012-2017, which is not produce at ES.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I think he fits them all. He's great two-way, loves going to the dirty areas to score and is a good forechecker. Only thing missing is he hasn't been producing, but I'm assuming you're talking about what you can typically expect from a player, not what he's been doing lately.

I admire his heart but I'd stay far away from him. You don't have a long, successful career, being 5'9, 185lbs and playing the way Gallagher does.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Kanye hot take:

Let's not make any earth shattering moves until AFTER the expansion... I truly don't understand most peoples fascinations with making franchise altering deals where we inevitably lose a player due to expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad