Speculation: Armchair GM Thread Mk. II - Now Paging Derek Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
For what it's worth, no NHL GM who wants to retain their job would say that they are shopping a player except for very specific circumstances where there is open hostility between player and team, like Drouin with the Lightning. So it's the type of question that gets asked to see not whether he says no, but how he says no.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary

My complete and total guess is that there's a bidding war going on over Hamilton right now.

You would be wise to make that assumption. Odd way to answer that question for sure. Could be nothing, but add up that statement with all the smoke around Hamilton lately, I'd be more surprised if there weren't multiple trade offers for Dougie.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
The rumors never said the Flames were shopping anyone, just that teams were calling in on Hamilton and the Flames were listening. It's just semantics.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
What do all these tweets say? My adblocker is killing me lately and I'm at work.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
What do all these tweets say? My adblocker is killing me lately and I'm at work.
Treliving denying that he's shopping Hamilton, but at the same time saying he's talking to everyone about all players and that he doesn't want to talk about it.

giphy.gif

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary

They basically amount to nothing new from Tre. Says he isn't shopping anyone, but he's obviously looking to upgrade his forwards. So you're missing essentially nothing.

Reactions: Dack

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Is Brad wily, or does he just get occasional tunnel vision for a player he wants?

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Well, i wouldn't have guessed that Tre is shopping his own players, rather shopping for other teams players.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Treliving has said that he believes Gio-Hamilton are the best d-pairing in the league, so obviously he is shopping him. /s

Flames fans give it up, we're not trading our best, highest potential, still super young, most goals my a defenseman, 50 point d-man, for anything.

The only smoke there is are from f*** muppet media people have are completely clueless about hockey, butthurt that they couldn't get their interview with Dougie after the season, and people trying to stir the pot because they have nothing better to do with their lives then make up bullshit rather than do actual journalistic work.

Aug 3, 2010
The only acceptable return for Hamilton (I don't believe he's being actively shopped, nor should he be) is a 1st-line centre-calibre player.

Teams have been winning the Cup with 2 extremely strong centres in their lineup; wingers are entirely complementary once the proper centre configuration is aligned. Defence should be strong but doesn't have to be the most elite, and above-average goaltending can do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->