Speculation: Armchair GM Thread Mk. II - Now Paging Derek Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
If it’s like this than I’m more happy. I have faith in Andersson, Valimaki and Fox. I also was always a big believer in defence wins championships. And now I think the way the game has shifted to forwards and goalies win you games.

The defensive systems are so good it doesn’t matter what individuals you have as much anymore. You need as many high skill forwards to convert chances into goals that you can get

Vancouver
Hanifin

Calgary
Lindholm
7 OA (Tkachuk, Wahlstron or Zadina)

Carolina

Dougie Hamilton

Replace 7 OA with Petterson and you've got my attention.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I wouldn't, Hanifin is gonna be at least a solid top 4 dman and likely top pairing when he hits his prime. Lindholm would immediately be our best RW and can fill in a center.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Backlund-Bennett
Ferland-Janko-Frolik
(4th line)

Gio-Brodie
Hanifin-Hamonic
Kulak-Andersson

Again...dump Stone for a 3rd round pick so we regain some draft capital.

I’ve heard some people question Hanifin’s hockey IQ. Which worries me a little.

I’d prefer another high skill forward but it’s not like I watch any Carolina games

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
The most exposure I have to Hanifin and Lindholm is playing as Carolina in chel and he develops pretty good so I say go for it.

Reactions: Mobiandi

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I’ve heard some people question Hanifin’s hockey IQ. Which worries me a little.

I’d prefer another high skill forward but it’s not like I watch any Carolina games

Fair enough, I'm also not going to pretend I know more about Hanifin other than what I can read. However, he's a 21 year old kid holding down a major defensive role for one of the worst teams in the league. He could be our Giordano replacement in a few years, and I'd say that's more likely than him staying the same as what he is now. It's very rare for a 21 year old dman to have any impact at the NHL level, and Hanifin has had a fairly significant role at this point.

IMO, you roll the dice on the potential of these two kids. Lindholm should be a top 6 center/winger with an excellent 200 ft game and Hanfin has the potential to be a top pairing dman. I like that kind of return, however, if you're not a believer in the two kids, I would very much be against trading our best dman value wise for them.

Last edited:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
If it’s like this than I’m more happy. I have faith in Andersson, Valimaki and Fox. I also was always a big believer in defence wins championships. And now I think the way the game has shifted to forwards and goalies win you games.

The defensive systems are so good it doesn’t matter what individuals you have as much anymore. You need as many high skill forwards to convert chances into goals that you can get

Vancouver
Hanifin

Calgary
Lindholm
7 OA (Tkachuk, Wahlstron or Zadina)

Carolina

Dougie Hamilton
This, then trade Fox to NYR for Kevin Hayes
Sign Derek Ryan, because why not?

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hayes
Tkachuk - Backlund - Lindholm
Bennett - Jankowski - Frolik
Hathaway - Ryan - Brouwer
x - Shore, Lazar, etc.

Giordano-Brodie
Hamonic - Andersson
Kulak - Stone
x- UFA

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
New idea:

Giordano - Monahan - Hamilton
Kulak - Backlund - Mi. Stone
Brodie - Bennett - Hamonic
Gaudreau - Jankowski - Brouwer

Valimaki - Andersson
Ferland - Frolik
Mangiapane - Lazar

Smith
Grubauer

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
AngryObeseCuckoo-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Deebious

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
LeBrun in The Athletic on Lindholm:
Among the many teams that have reached out over the past few weeks is the Calgary Flames, who are searching for a top-six upgrade. I believe those conversations got large enough where the names of Noah Hanifin from the Hurricanes and Dougie Hamilton from the Flames were also involved at one point, but those talks fizzled, as far as I can tell. I guess you never know if both teams re-engage over the next few weeks or not. Again, at the end of the day, the priority for Carolina is to re-sign Lindholm and keep him if they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->