Speculation: Armchair GM Thread: Jagrbombs all around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Don't even care that much about the character issues. Just don't really think Kane is all that good. I'd inquire on Simmonds, Neal, JVR before him. Neal would still be my first choice, he's a UFA in the summer so if it doesn't work out the Flames can cut ties. Would be a great fit beside Monahan and Gaudreau.
Plus there's still a chance McPhee would want prospects over more picks.

Adding another 30 goal scorer would be a huge get for this hockey team. Ferland it doesn't matter where you play him in the lineup, he's either bringing it or he's not. If the cost is too much just phone up Jarome and trot em out for the PP ;)
I agree for the most part, except I'm not sure Neal and JVR may not be available due to their teams still being in the playoff picture. Simmonds I would love, but unfortunately, I'm not sure our prospect strengths and lack of picks match up with what the Flyers needs are (they are strong on the backend and weaker up front, much like us) and of course they are just 4 points back of a playoff spot.

I think the teams most likely to be selling right now are the Sabres, Senators, Panthers, Red Wings, Coyotes, Avalanche and Canucks for the time being. That said the Golden Knights being an expansion team may be more interested in selling UFAs and adding assets.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I don't think Vegas ends up selling at the deadline. That might have been their intention at the start of the season, but with the way things are going, they wouldn't risk potentially alienating their fanbase by trading one of their best players.

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
McPhee is fairly smart. I don’t think he is fooled into thinking that they are a contender. They are a team that is coached very well but lacks top end talent. If he has a deal that will make his team better, he will pull the trigger. Saying that, Neal won’t be free.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Don't even care that much about the character issues. Just don't really think Kane is all that good. I'd inquire on Simmonds, Neal, JVR before him. Neal would still be my first choice, he's a UFA in the summer so if it doesn't work out the Flames can cut ties. Would be a great fit beside Monahan and Gaudreau.
Plus there's still a chance McPhee would want prospects over more picks.

Adding another 30 goal scorer would be a huge get for this hockey team. Ferland it doesn't matter where you play him in the lineup, he's either bringing it or he's not. If the cost is too much just phone up Jarome and trot em out for the PP ;)

With Flyers being Flyers, and Simmonds contract expiring in 2019, I wouldn't mind trading a decent amount for him even just for 1.5 seasons.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I agree for the most part, except I'm not sure Neal and JVR may not be available due to their teams still being in the playoff picture. Simmonds I would love, but unfortunately, I'm not sure our prospect strengths and lack of picks match up with what the Flyers needs are (they are strong on the backend and weaker up front, much like us) and of course they are just 4 points back of a playoff spot.

I think the teams most likely to be selling right now are the Sabres, Senators, Panthers, Red Wings, Coyotes, Avalanche and Canucks for the time being. That said the Golden Knights being an expansion team may be more interested in selling UFAs and adding assets.

I'd like to rent Vanek at the deadline that's for sure. Gives us that LW PP RHS shot.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
How about hamonic for Reinhart? I know we just acquired him but he has good value, Stone is a top 4 defenseman who plays well with Brodie and Andersson is ready

Stone is a borderline top 4 guy and with the way Brodie is playing this year I think that could be a real stretch to have them as our second pairing.

Andersson would struggle with a solid veteran as his partner putting him with Kulak would likely have that pair in the running for worse pairing in the NHL. They would need to be sheltered beyond belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad