Speculation: Armchair GM Thread III: Post Deadline, Now with more armchairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Not a proposal but I just looked at the AHL rookie player stats (something I hardly ever do) and I see that Dillon Dube is 2nd in the league among rookies with a pts/game of 1.04 (9 goals & 18 assists in 26 games).
Really looking forward to him getting recalled to Calgary. He's done well in Stockton. He will be a fine addition to the team come playoff time.
Can definitely see why Treliving wasn't interested in trading him for Stone.

P.S. Valimaki isn't doing too shabby either with 8 pts in 11 games which is quite remarkable considering all the time he was off due to that ankle injury. What on Earth will Treliving do with Kylington when Valimaki returns to the Flames lineup which shouldn't be too far away as I understand that he's ready to come back.

Last edited:

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Neal - returning to form (anticipated)
Valimaki
Dube

There's some solid "deadline" pick ups...…………...point being is we have lots of depth

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I have to say, I wonder what Brad will be doing come draft day.
I'm curious to see how he approaches the draft this year. In the past 5 years, we've made 3 first round picks; and we've traded the other two for top 4 D that we could either cost control or who had term left on their deal.

I kind of wonder if the Zucker trade materializes during the offseason when there's more negotiation and wiggle room.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Treliving is a smart man. Imagine how much Dougie would have cost at the deadline compared to what he went for on draft day? You'll still have your assets in June, if you're not in a pinch from ownership to win right now you can get far more bang for your buck. So much more of a buyer's market during the offseason.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Neal - returning to form (anticipated)
Valimaki
Dube

There's some solid "deadline" pick ups...…………...point being is we have lots of depth

Dube's a good prospect, but do you seriously expect him to be a factor this season?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I have to say, I wonder what Brad will be doing come draft day.
I'm curious to see how he approaches the draft this year. In the past 5 years, we've made 3 first round picks; and we've traded the other two for top 4 D that we could either cost control or who had term left on their deal.

I kind of wonder if the Zucker trade materializes during the offseason when there's more negotiation and wiggle room.
I saw (heard?) a rumour somewhere that it was Frolik going the other way and he used his NTC to nix the deal, any truth to that or is it pure bs?

Edit: mainboards.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I saw (heard?) a rumour somewhere that it was Frolik going the other way and he used his NTC to nix the deal, any truth to that or is it pure bs?

Edit: mainboards.

I've heard it's true. But it could be a rumour.
The trade makes sense if that's what the deal was.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Dube's a good prospect, but do you seriously expect him to be a factor this season?
Not for this season but I fully expect to see him up here for the playoffs and then you never know.
It could be possible that we see the pre-season Dube in the post season playoffs. Its happened before. See Patrick Flatley

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Lots of people on the main boards now saying we are 5th or 6th contender in the West.. even though we are first. Crazy the bias of TDL deals, especially considering we did a complete overhaul of our roster in the summer.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Lots of people on the main boards now saying we are 5th or 6th contender in the West.. even though we are first. Crazy the bias of TDL deals, especially considering we did a complete overhaul of our roster in the summer.

My favourite part is how goaltending is such a question mark here, because people love their SV% numbers while ignoring that these are not independant of team play.

David Rittich allows fewer goals per game (2.61) than:
Marc-Andre Fleury (2.64)
Juuse Saros (2.70)
Martin Jones (2.92)
Jake Allen (2.95)

Mike Smith allows fewer goals per game (2.95) than:
Connor Hellebuyck (2.98)
Aaron Dell (3.01)

Reactions: Areid1990

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
It's pretty amazing. None of those teams have even played a game yet with their new additions. It's not as though making a trade at the deadline magically fixes all those teams' issues. And it's not as though the Flames are going to see those trades and proceed to lose every game. They still control their own destiny. They're still in first, with games in hand on other teams.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

The Flames could sweep their way to a Stanley Cup and there would still be many there saying it was a fluke, Gaudreau overrated, and that we'll be forever stuck in mediocrity. Think it was @Volica who said it best, the Flames are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NHL.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Yeah I wouldn't of been happy if we sent Fro and a 1st for Zucker,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad