Speculation: Armchair GM Thread: I can't believe it's not butter, I can't believe we didn't get Ryan Hartman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I would trade Frolik for a 7th rounder at this point.

Really? We're arguably already missing too many top nine forwards. If he fails to bounce back offensively I can understand, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt given his consistency in getting 35-40 points with stalwart defensive play.

Reactions: Cyrano

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Really? We're arguably already missing too many top nine forwards. If he fails to bounce back offensively I can understand, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt given his consistency in getting 35-40 points with stalwart defensive play.
especially when he play dropped off with the broken face

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I would trade Frolik for a 7th rounder at this point.

In what world does this make sense? This team isn't landing Tavares, and beyond that Frolik would have actual value in a trade. IMO he's one of our few tradable assets that wouldn't leave a gaping hole in our lineup...and you want to trade him for nothing?

Reactions: Cyrano

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think it's too close too much of a coincidence that Frolik suddenly became bad after his injury to expect that that is simply what he is now. He has had a few really good years with us as a very effective winger in our biggest position of weakness, but because of a relatively short stretch of hockey after coming back from an injury where he was distinctly worse than normal, we want to fire him in the sun?

Frolik is able to help us win next year. If you're trading him, it has to satisfy that same goal.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Frolik has a shooting percentage of 6.3 and an on ice shooting percentage of 5.

He'a going to bounce back next year IMO.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
so, his shooting percentage is higher when he's on the bench?
On ice is his teammates and his shooting percentage while he's on the ice. 5% is super low even considering the 3M line takes a lot of volume shots.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
On ice is his teammates and his shooting percentage while he's on the ice. 5% is super low even considering the 3M line takes a lot of volume shots.
I thought it was obvious that I was making a joke, you know considering you can't actually take a shot from the bench.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I wouldn’t trade Frolik for the sake of trading him, but I wouldn’t blink at moving him in a deal that makes sense. He’ll be better next season without a doubt, but as I’ve said many times, he’s expendable.

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I'd be interested in Adam Fox because I know Hamilton's price would be higher.
I think the going rate for Fox would be a late 1st. I'd make that deal, but I know there are others here that wouldn't.

But basically Burke sacrificed a 3rd-rounder in order to set a precedent that he wouldn't sell low. Not exactly a franchise-altering decision one way or another. :dunno:
It likely set the table for the king's ransom they got for Curtis Glencross.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'd probably do one of those but both is destroying any future this team has. What about draft picks?

Dougie is worth that all day IMO. He’s an elite offensive dman and has some of the best fancy stats for dmen in the NHL. I don’t think he’s available unless the Flames get a deal that plugs some important holes for them.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'd probably do one of those but both is destroying any future this team has. What about draft picks?
Trading Hamilton would have that same effect on our present, so that's fair.

Taking Hamilton off this roster, in and of itself, would completely send the Flames backwards with regards to their goal of becoming contenders. He is one of our most impactful players, and the team would miss him greatly. That said, it isn't inconceivable to imagine him getting traded, because we probably have enough NHL talent on D next year to field at least a respectable defence corps. It would need to be a trade that makes an equivalent step forwards in another position of need (right wing). So Mark Stone makes a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad