6715691973_bca11f829f.jpg

1297809428455_ORIGINAL.jpg

Dougie is not for sale.​

Previous thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2133421

Carry on.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
OvermanKingGainer said:
Depends on the return. I would love to add a player like Brock Boeser even if it cost our first. And yes, I think Boeser will be better than Nolan Patrick when it's all said and done.

Benning can't be that stupid

Ace Rimmer said:
If it's not a top 3 pick, and it (the return) fills a long term need, sure.

See that's the thing. The more I look at our team, the more we could use an established but older top-6 talent. I'm talking someone who's got a decent amount of seasons under his belt (ideally a RW) rather than a new draftee or over-30 player. I agree with you that a top 3 pick might be too good to pass up, but if such a player weren't available through free agency, I would be glad to give up our first to pursue a trade

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The Leafs are probably only interested because they think they can get Dougie for cheap, which is ridiculous. I've been pumping Dougies tires since he got here, when he's playing he looks elite, with some more maturity and consistency, he could be a top 15 Dman.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Boeser isn't as good as Hischier, Liljegrin, Patrick or my favourite Elias Pettersen.

The Flames top need is a top 4 D that can kill penalties if they trade that pick.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Boeser isn't as good as Hischier, Liljegrin, Patrick or my favourite Elias Pettersen.

The Flames top need is a top 4 D that can kill penalties if they trade that pick.

Patrick, Hischier, Liljegren, Vilardi, and Pettersson should be the top 5 in any order IMO.

Maybe pick 5 for Boeser hypothetically would be too much, so I'll soften my stance, but if we pick 10 or later I'd think long and hard about it. Still not sure I'd do it, but it's get me thinking.

On second thought though, looking at what we gave up for Hamilton, an established young defenceman for 15 and a couple 2nds, I'd have to say anything higher than pick 10 and that would be a massive overpayment for an unestablished player like Boeser.

Last edited:

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Patrick, Hischier, Liljegren, Vilardi, and Pettersson should be the top 5 in any order IMO.

Maybe pick 5 for Boeser hypothetically would be too much, so I'll soften my stance, but if we pick 10 or later I'd think long and hard about it. Still not sure I'd do it, but it's get me thinking.

On second thought though, looking at what we gave up for Hamilton, an established young defenceman for 15 and a couple 2nds, I'd have to say anything higher than pick 10 and that would be a massive overpayment for an unestablished player like Boeser.

You're forgetting we robbed the Bruins at gunpoint for Dougie

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Yeah, but I'd still say a high pick is too much for an unproven player like Boeser.

The thing about Boeser, you watch him and you don't see an unproven player, or at least no more unproven than any draft pick. I have believed for a while now, he will be a perennial 30+ goal scorer at RW. I hate to give credit to prospects on other Canadian teams but I can't be harsh about this kid.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Yeah, but I'd still say a high pick is too much for an unproven player like Boeser.

Oh I definitely agree. I just think we as a fanbase may have a skewed perspective on what players are worth at the draft given that the Hamilton trade was incredibly tilted in our favour.

I wouldn't trade a pick higher than maybe ninth overall for Boeser, and even then I'd have to think about it, really depends on who's on the board.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I believe the narrative now is that the Bruins robbed the Flames or something.

Bizarre how badly Hamilton is underrated.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
The thing about Boeser, you watch him and you don't see an unproven player, or at least no more unproven than any draft pick. I have believed for a while now, he will be a perennial 30+ goal scorer at RW. I hate to give credit to prospects on other Canadian teams but I can't be harsh about this kid.
I like Boeser, but I'm still not sure at what point I would rather have him, than the top prospects in this years draft.

Oh I definitely agree. I just think we as a fanbase may have a skewed perspective on what players are worth at the draft given that the Hamilton trade was incredibly tilted in our favour.

I wouldn't trade a pick higher than maybe ninth overall for Boeser, and even then I'd have to think about it, really depends on who's on the board.

I agree, too many unknowns and too much time until the draft to say with certainty what I would do. All depends on where we pick and who's available come that time.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
There's only two moves that I absolutely want to happen by the end of next summer.

Brouwer lost to expansion

Oduya signed to a 2 year deal

Use the remaining cap space however you like but I feel like these two moves are no-brainers right now

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
We really don't need JVR. With Gaudreau and now Tkachuk and Ferland on the left side, we need a young RHS RW much more
IIRC, JVR can play the right side. But with his contract status he is not a good fit for the Flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad