Speculation: Armchair GM and Rumors Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
unneX9K.png

*reposted because the last thread was 1k'ed

My new mock lineup for 2016-17. Additional cap could be saved by buying out Raymond and Smid in order to lock down a good depth RW. It's still a bit presumptuous to pencil Pribyl in for a spot, but he might be the best the Flames can do as a winger for Bennett this year. Signed Perron for two years, though he'll likely want more. Shinkaruk is cheap enough that he can be stashed in the minors for no cap hit and replaced by a cheap vet if Brad wants him to get minutes in the AHL. Obviously, my dream is still Yakupov to fill the hole on the top line, but I can't see a scenario where he makes his way to the Flames. Perron will do just fine. The defense is pretty inexperienced, but Wotherspoon was very solid in his showings this year, and with a likely better set of defensive schemes from the new coach, he should be able to keep up. If not, play Kevin there instead and Spoon with Nak.

What do you think?

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
unneX9K.png

*reposted because the last thread was 1k'ed

My new mock lineup for 2016-17. Additional cap could be saved by buying out Raymond and Smid in order to lock down a good depth RW. It's still a bit presumptuous to pencil Pribyl in for a spot, but he might be the best the Flames can do as a winger for Bennett this year. Signed Perron for two years, though he'll likely want more. Shinkaruk is cheap enough that he can be stashed in the minors for no cap hit and replaced by a cheap vet if Brad wants him to get minutes in the AHL. Obviously, my dream is still Yakupov to fill the hole on the top line, but I can't see a scenario where he makes his way to the Flames. Perron will do just fine. The defense is pretty inexperienced, but Wotherspoon was very solid in his showings this year, and with a likely better set of defensive schemes from the new coach, he should be able to keep up. If not, play Kevin there instead and Spoon with Nak.

What do you think?

I'd rather have Hathaway and Grant in the lineup over Jooris and Priybl.
Both Hathaway and Grant have played exceptionally well and should get opening day rosters spots if they have a solid camp. (Just my opinion, but we need their size and grit)

I'd also look for other options for Wideman... (A buyout is probably the most likely scenario) and acquire a more reliable goaltender.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I'd rather have Hathaway and Grant in the lineup over Jooris and Priybl.
Both Hathaway and Grant have played exceptionally well and should get opening day rosters spots if they have a solid camp. (Just my opinion, but we need their size and grit)

I'd also look for other options for Wideman... (A buyout is probably the most likely scenario) and acquire a more reliable goaltender.

totally forgot about Grant. I agree that he would be a good fit on the team next year. He's definitely worth another contract. I don't think Hathaway is an upgrade on Jooris though, but he will be about 300k cheaper which could lead to Jooris' departure if the cap space is tight

Shoot me in the face at the idea of Colborne on the top PP unit and Bennett not on either PP unit.

wow totally forgot about Bennett as well. He should definitely get some PP time. Probably sub him for Frolik.

What do you guys think of Perron though?

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
I'll with the trades and signings you've made; here's my line up

Gaudreau - Monahan - Shinkaruk
Colborne - Backlund - Frolik
Perron - Bennett - Pribyl
Ferland - Stajan - Hathaway
Bollig

Brodie - D. Hamilton
Giordano - Wotherspoon
Jokipakka - Nakladal
Engelland

Halak
Ortio

I also think Bouma is traded for futures this off season

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
If we could land Brouwer on a 2 year deal, I'd take him over over Perron.
I think he'd bring a great physical presence to our top lines, provide a RHS, create space downlow, and prevent players from taking liberties on Johnny.

Johnny - Monahan - Brouwer
Colborne - Backlund - Frolik
Bouma- Bennett - Grant
Ferland - Stajan - Hathaway
Bollig

Brodie - Gio
Joki - Hamilton
Spoon- Engelland/Nak

Andersson/Reimer/Fleury/etc (basically sign or trade for an upgrade)

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I'll second Brouwer on a short deal over Perron.

I think it'll be a busy summer with Treliving trying to move all of Wideman, Bouma, Jooris, Stajan and maybe Colborne depending on his salary demands.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
It's kinda funny, I think Perron is the better regular season player and Brouwer is the better playoff player. Which do we need most lol.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
dump Wideman and Colburne for a bag of pucks. Buyout Smid and Raymond. Then sign both for 2-3 years max ;) (Not accounting for an expensive goalie).

Gaudreau-Monahan-Brouwer
Shinkaruk-Bennett-Perron
Ferland-Backlund-Frolik
Bouma-Stajan-Hathaway/Grant

Gio-Brodie
Jokipakka-Hamilton
Wotherspoon/Nakladal-Engelland

?????
Ortio

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
If, somehow the Stars make their way past the Blues, we get their first, would you move it for Rychel?? We'd probably still have to add, but....

just think one of:
Tkachuk/PLD/Nylander + Rychel would be a hell of a draft.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
If, somehow the Stars make their way past the Blues, we get their first, would you move it for Rychel?? We'd probably still have to add, but....

just think one of:
Tkachuk/PLD/Nylander + Rychel would be a hell of a draft.

I'd do it. Don't know why Kiko would. But then again he just seems like a GM that makes trades because they are fun. So offer it and hope he's feeling dangerous

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
aC1kM3d.png

It's not great but I would do something like this, you could replace Ramo with Perron and Ortio. Also Tkachuk or Dubois could make the team. Doing a Dallas 1st + for Rychel would be a great idea.

Also I have no idea what Wideman's trade value would be

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
aC1kM3d.png

It's not great but I would do something like this, you could replace Ramo with Perron and Ortio. Also Tkachuk or Dubois could make the team. Doing a Dallas 1st + for Rychel would be a great idea.

Also I have no idea what Wideman's trade value would be
Don't think Reimer signs for $2.5M

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Trade- Wideman + Ortio for Markstrom + Sbisa

Draft- Dubois

Sign- Cam Ward([email protected]) and Andrew Ladd([email protected])

Gaudreau(7.5)-Monahan(6.1)-Shinkaruk(.863333)
Colborne(3)-Backlund(3.575)-Frolik(4.3)
Ladd(5.5)-Bennett(.925)-Dubois(.925)
Bouma(2.2)-Stajan(3.125)-Ferland(.825)
Bollig(1.25)/Pribyl(.925)

Giordano(6.75)-Brodie(4.6504)
Jokipakka(.9)-Hamilton(5.75)
Sbisa(3.6)-Engeland(2.916)
Smid(3.5)

Markstrom(1.55)/Ward(2.25)

Cap hit: 72.8333

Last edited:

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015

Draft- Dubois

Sign- Cam Ward and Andrew Ladd

Giordano(6.75)-Brodie(4.605)
Jokki(.9)-Hamilton(5.75)
Smid(3.5)

Markstrom(1.55)/Ward(2)

I don't think you realise exactly how bad Sbisa is at playing hockey. If Vancouver added the 5th OA to that trade it would still be tough to accept.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I don't think you realise exactly how bad Sbisa is at playing hockey. If Vancouver added the 5th OA to that trade it would still be tough to accept.
Sbisa actually had an ok year. Still 26, he's way overpaid, but can be ok when used properly, in a limited role. Besides, the meat and potatoes of the trade is Wideman for Markstrom, with add ins to fill gaps/cap issues.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC

Draft- Dubois

Sign- Cam Ward([email protected]) and Andrew Ladd([email protected])

Giordano(6.75)-Brodie(4.6504)
Jokipakka(.9)-Hamilton(5.75)
Smid(3.5)

Markstrom(1.55)/Ward(2.25)

Cap hit: 72.8333

I don't like not having at least one RS in the forward group

TkachuckNotTkaczuk

Jan 21, 2015
Seattle
I don't know if Wideman is tradeable right now. It may not be the best move for what us fans want right now but it may be best to play him next year. Try to get him to bounce back, the guy will be playing for his next contract and could get us much more in a deadline deal. We will be hard pressed to make the play on ext year read less so we don't have too much to lose by playing it that way. That and right now we would be trading from a position of weakness and would either have to retain, add or both. I think longer term this would be best for the team going forward.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Based on what? If you think our bottom 3 defensemen are bad right now, you're in for a shock if you think Sbisa is an improvement.

Don't get me wrong, I have zero interest in Sbisa, but if we were to move Wideman for Markstrom, there would have to be salary coming back and Sbisa would be the most likely candidate. Wideman is a train wreck defensively and if we're not using him in a top 4, offensive role, at least Sbisa adds a little physicality and we get a Gillies/Markstrom tandem for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad