Prospect Info: Arizona's OHL Prospect Review

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
This gets me very excited:
Absolutely loved what I saw from Jenik this year in Hamilton. I figured that he would be a skilled player and someone who could be counted on to push the pace and attack in transition. But I did not expect him to be as pesky and as physical as he was. Jenik is a real pest out there, constantly buzzing around the offensive zone.

Sounds like shades of Marchand. I always envisioned Jenik as more of a Semin or Vrabata, quiet and effective but it sounds like Podkolzin may be a better comparable. I clearly need to watch more film but can't wait to see him at camp!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If Kirk, Busby, and Bergkvist have great seasons next year then suddenly the prospect pool doesn't look bad at all. Doubly true if Schnarr takes well to the AHL.

Kirk looked like a 2nd/3rd round guy in his first camp so I'm not surprised he ripped off a PPG pace in his last 40 games.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Definitely top 5. I would put Dallas and Florida ahead among OHL presence currently. But Arizona would be right there with Edmonton.
Yeah, I don’t think we have the best crop, but it’s such an interesting group to me. Hayton was the big draft day surprise, then there’s Bahl, Jenik, and Kirk who all have interesting elements about them. Even Busby to an extent. They’re like a cast of characters. Haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad