OT: Arizona State University - NCAA D1 Hockey

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Can any mod, or AP edit the OP to include the stream schedule for games possibly? I can't remember what page/post that they were on.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Stream is live.

http://pac-12.com/live/arizona-state-university-2

1. They need to work out a way to keep the audio going when the commentary is gone.

2. Didn't know Oceanside has a larger ice surface, never been there.

3. ASU up 1-0 off a PP goal.

4. Huge hip check by the SNH D on an ASU forward. ASU retaliates. Probably should have been a penalty but the refs didn't see it.

5. ASU up 2-0 after a bit a fluky bounce lead to a 2 on 1 for ASU. SNH goalie made the first save but that left the net wide open for the rebound.

6. Stream keeps dying, someone upgrade Oceanside's internets.

7. ASU starts the second period on the PP and scores immediately from a point shot. 3-0.

8. SNH's goalie and shot blocking is keeping them in it. ASU dominating possession.

9. ASU scores again, this time with a snap shot from the top of the circle. 4-0.

10. ASU with the shorty. 5-0. First period was close but not competitive. Second is more like last night.

11. SNH pushing back a bit toward the end of the second but ASU's forwards are too fast and able to easily break out past their defense forcing SNH to take a penalty.

Last edited:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I only caught a small portion tonight, but last night they were dominating. We'll see what happens next week against Wisconsin. We did well against Alaska. Hopefully this weekend will build momentum into playing Wisconsin.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Stream is live.

http://pac-12.com/live/arizona-state-university-2

1. They need to work out a way to keep the audio going when the commentary is gone.

2. Didn't know Oceanside has a larger ice surface, never been there.

3. ASU up 1-0 off a PP goal.

4. Huge hip check by the SNH D on an ASU forward. ASU retaliates. Probably should have been a penalty but the refs didn't see it.

5. ASU up 2-0 after a bit a fluky bounce lead to a 2 on 1 for ASU. SNH goalie made the first save but that left the net wide open for the rebound.

6. Stream keeps dying, someone upgrade Oceanside's internets.

7. ASU starts the second period on the PP and scores immediately from a point shot. 3-0.

8. SNH's goalie and shot blocking is keeping them in it. ASU dominating possession.

9. ASU scores again, this time with a snap shot from the top of the circle. 4-0.

10. ASU with the shorty. 5-0. First period was close but not competitive. Second is more like last night.

11. SNH pushing back a bit toward the end of the second but ASU's forwards are too fast and able to easily break out past their defense forcing SNH to take a penalty.

http://www.oceansideicearena.net/pages/about/arena-info

It's 200x89. Historically has been one of the better sheets in the valley and the coldest indoor temperature (never knew about the lack of HVAC until I looked up the width of the ice, which I thought was 200x92 for some reason). They had some problems with a compressor in... April/May or something like that and have been running a "backup, temporary" compressor since then. The ice quality has suffered as a result and it's gotten warmer inside.

I'm still biased about the arena though because I learned to skate there, learned to play hockey there, and it's the closest rink to my house of all the rinks in the valley. The ref room sucks though.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Mike Sillinger's son Owen committed to ASU. Wonder if Mike retired here?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

Don't think so. He was director of player development for the Oilers from 09-14 and reportedly returned with his family to his hometown of Regina, Sask when he retired from playing. Owen played in the SJHL and is currently in the BCHL with Penticton (small town just south of Kelowna).

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Said it once, say it again, this school is going to be a magnet that likes of which NCAA hockey has never seen. Only other Sun Belt team is in Alabama.

New England kids don't go to Michigan or North Dakota. Western Canadian kids don't go to BU and BC. EVERYONE is going to be interested in the Sun Devils. We won't recruit Minnesota better than the Gophers and Bulldogs, but we'll recruit Minnesota. And Canada. And Boston. And Michigan. I put ASU in the Frozen Four by 2024.
If they lose by two goals or less to Wisconsin that will be really impressive. Anything but a blowout and I will be very excited.
Wisconsin isn't very good this year. Devils might get a smack in one of the two games but they'll be competitive.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Lots of new players coming in over the next few years on scholarship. Should be competitive.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Here's the weirdest rink layout I have ever seen. Both the benches AND penalty boxes are on the SAME SIDE OF THE RINK!

2015-16_Sun_Devil_Hockey_Season_Pricing3-ver3.jpg

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Every rink in town except the Ice Dump, if I remember right?

Scottsdale has the penalty boxes on the opposite side of the ice on 2 of the 3 sheets (but not the RJM rink). The rest are on the same side as the benches. Arcadia doesn't have glass in front of theirs and the scorer's table is inside one of the attacking zones :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad