Proposal: Arizona- Oilers Blockbuster Trade

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Wow!

This is horrendous for the Oilers. Strome is a bust. Chychrun is a LHD, but need RHD. Keller is the only player the Oilers need, but he's small.

Poorly researched, but absolutely poor for the Oilers unless the deal involves Cap dumps:

Draisaitl
Lucic
Sekera

for

Keller,
Hayton
Chychrun

That's even worse and heavily slanted in Edmonton's favor.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I know that is the common argument, but it is false, Drai is being played almost EXACTLY how Malkin was with Crosby, you would have to watch the Oilers games to understand this.

Drai is put on the ice with McDavid, yes true, but he also Centers the second line. More often this season McDavid is with Hopkins and Rattie, and last year was Hopkins lucic and McDavid, but why would you not play them together when it is a magical thing Ala Malkin and Crosby.

This cannot be used as an argument, He does center his own line and I believe statistically last year he was by a little margin more productive on his own than with Mcdavid although he produced both ways.
As soon as Drai plays an entire year as a C, and produces, then we will see. Until then he has produced as McD's winger. Keller had 68 points last year as a rookie with Stepan as his center, think about that for a minute? At Drai's contract, unproven as a C, I would rather have Keller and his contract at this time.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
You know what I mean. He tends to start slow and right now his line isn't lighting things up. He'll get some serious goals and points moving forward.

He hasn’t looked good away from Mcdavid except when they moved JP to his line last gane.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Absolutely not. f*** this proposal. I wouldn’t trade Keller for Draisaitl alone. And I love Draisaitl. The rest is an easy no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad