Proposal: Arizona- Oilers Blockbuster Trade

Brian McDavid

Aug 4, 2017
Oil City Roadhouse
You don’t know what you’re saying, I get it.

Answers no from Arizona. Strome has been lights out when given adequate line mates. Keller is a non starter. Potential 90 point winger that’s still on his ELC is gold for Arizona.

Chychrun has a history of injuries and still hasn’t proven he belongs as a top pair D. Would like to see what he does when completely healthy.

We have zero need for Draisaitl and his anchor contract. He’s a good number 2 possible number 1 on a bad team, but he still hasn’t found much success without Mcdavid.

Pulj isn’t worth much, either. Could be something one day but hasn’t been good in the NHL.

Hard pass.
You don’t know what you’re saying, I get it.

Reactions: ivanlwan

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
homer glasses firmly on here

but do the oilers trade Dr Drai who the previous 2 season totalled 54-93-147

for

Keller 23-42-65
Strome 5-6-11 in 32 NHL games
Chychrun 11-23-34

let alone adding stuff

Sorry-we have one under achieving Strome--we do not need to add another
Keller is interesting. But Chychrun would be of most interest to the oilers

but like I said--Homer glasses firmely on

we would trade Leon D for the three let alone add anyone else

If you are talking Leon D--you need to start with a deal that included OEL

and Arizona fans will say they are giving up the three best pieces

I think you are overvaluing a 8.5 million player that looks slow and disinterested at times . Unless Leon steps up and starts driving the 2nd line he isn't worth his contract let alone 3 assets from another team .

LASTAR

Mar 9, 2004
It's a yes from me.

Drai>Keller
Pulju=>Strome
Yamo<<<Chychrun

You are off on this one, by a lot

Keller > Drai (but when you take into account the contracts it is more like this Keller >>>Drai)
Chychrun >>> Yamo (Chychrun is aided by position importance, and the whole a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ... thing)
Strom = Pulju --> to this point they are both busts, Arizona has just been more patient in the development process.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
You are off on this one, by a lot

Keller > Drai (but when you take into account the contracts it is more like this Keller >>>Drai)
Chychrun >>> Yamo (Chychrun is aided by position importance, and the whole a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ... thing)
Strom = Pulju --> to this point they are both busts, Arizona has just been more patient in the development process.
Idk why you say Keller is >> Drai.

One plays center
One is much better defensively
One is elite in the dot
One plays physical and has size while still having elite skill

I'll let you guess which one that is

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I think you are overvaluing a 8.5 million player that looks slow and disinterested at times . Unless Leon steps up and starts driving the 2nd line he isn't worth his contract let alone 3 assets from another team .

We've played only three games so far. Leon is a slow starter. You know what we are going to see? Probably another 70 point season.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Idk why you say Keller is >> Drai.

One plays center
One is much better defensively
One is elite in the dot
One plays physical and has size while still having elite skill

I'll let you guess which one that is

The most valued position in the NHL is a 1C.

If the player has size, youth and signed long-term, this adds more value. Drai is a slow starter, but he is surrounded with some poor Wingers, yet, still continues to average 70+ points per season on a bad team.

With so many rumoured offers for Drai, he must have substantial value. I don't think the Oilers would consider a move, but expect a team to pay dearly.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

For all the Drai bashing happening here the fact that Keller has one point in four games should be brought up...

Ementy

May 11, 2010
Drai is superior to Keller in EVERY SINGLE WAY. Future production, past production, Position, Size, Skill, Defense, Offense, Playmaking, Speed, Skating, NAME it and he is better. Any one saying otherwise, is an absolute Homer. All these teams fans trying to say their good wingers who score less than Drai are >>>> >>> >> > >> better than an elite center would cry bloody murder if they were offered a winger who scores less for their Top line center. Geez HF blows my mind.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Wow!

This is horrendous for the Oilers. Strome is a bust. Chychrun is a LHD, but need RHD. Keller is the only player the Oilers need, but he's small.

Poorly researched, but absolutely poor for the Oilers unless the deal involves Cap dumps:

Draisaitl
Lucic
Sekera

for

Keller,
Hayton
Chychrun

Strome is a different one....

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Drai is superior to Keller in EVERY SINGLE WAY. Future production, past production, Position, Size, Skill, Defense, Offense, Playmaking, Speed, Skating, NAME it and he is better. Any one saying otherwise, is an absolute Homer. All these teams fans trying to say their good wingers who score less than Drai are >>>> >>> >> > >> better than an elite center would cry bloody murder if they were offered a winger who scores less for their Top line center. Geez HF blows my mind.
Keller's contract versus Drai's is why Keller might be worth more. You can take the dollars you don't spend on Drai and improve your roster. Drai is great but he is a proven winger on mcDavids wing, not a proven 1C/2C yet.

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
Wow!

This is horrendous for the Oilers. Strome is a bust. Chychrun is a LHD, but need RHD. Keller is the only player the Oilers need, but he's small.

Poorly researched, but absolutely poor for the Oilers unless the deal involves Cap dumps:

Draisaitl
Lucic
Sekera

for

Keller,
Hayton
Chychrun

Bwahahahah what?! you want the Coyotes to take on the salary of an overpaid Lucic, and a LTIR player for three of our best young players?! Draisaitl is barely better than Keller at this point, and you want us to add our 1st rounder from this year and a defenseman in Chychrun who will be a top 4 defenseman for many years to come. I know Canada just legalized marijuana but holy hell man.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Wow!

Draisaitl
Lucic
Sekera

for

Keller,
Hayton
Chychrun

Wow so you want Arizona to solve all of Edmonton's problems and give up a huge chunk of their future. Now I don't think much of Arizona's GM, but I think his response besides laughing his way to a stroke would be to tell Edmonton that this is their dish soap and they should soak in it.

Ementy

May 11, 2010
Keller's contract versus Drai's is why Keller might be worth more. You can take the dollars you don't spend on Drai and improve your roster. Drai is great but he is a proven winger on mcDavids wing, not a proven 1C/2C yet.
I know that is the common argument, but it is false, Drai is being played almost EXACTLY how Malkin was with Crosby, you would have to watch the Oilers games to understand this.

Drai is put on the ice with McDavid, yes true, but he also Centers the second line. More often this season McDavid is with Hopkins and Rattie, and last year was Hopkins lucic and McDavid, but why would you not play them together when it is a magical thing Ala Malkin and Crosby.

This cannot be used as an argument, He does center his own line and I believe statistically last year he was by a little margin more productive on his own than with Mcdavid although he produced both ways.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Wow!

Draisaitl
Lucic
Sekera

for

Keller,
Hayton
Chychrun

Awful proposal. Like, you need to reflect on this and really take off the homer glasses.

Reactions: Pia8988

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Wow!

Draisaitl
Lucic
Sekera

for

Keller,
Hayton
Chychrun

This proposal is 10X worse.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
We've played only three games so far. Leon is a slow starter. You know what we are going to see? Probably another 70 point season.

His point total are nice . He has real value . He very good 2 way player , a beast at FO , amazing passer . None of which are a problem . I like to see him bring some energy when the team is down . He a good enough player to drive a line with stiffs on it . Look what he did in the playoffs . I just want him engaged more and expect it from an 8.5 million man

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Terrible for Arizona.

Keller > Draisaitl

And yet to date Matthews has not outscored Draisaitl in a season . Lets not get into the PPG argument as the TML always bashed Oiler fans when they used in in defending RNH .

So by the facts Matthews has yet to outscore Draisaitl

Keller > Draisaitl
Keller >> Matthews

Did I do it right ?

No I don't believe Draisaitl has more value then Matthews . I making a point .

Mar 26, 2010
And yet to date Matthews has not outscored Draisaitl in a season . Lets not get into the PPG argument as the TML always bashed Oiler fans when they used in in defending RNH .

So by the facts Matthews has yet to outscore Draisaitl

Keller > Draisaitl
Keller >> Matthews

Did I do it right ?

No I don't believe Draisaitl has more value then Matthews . I making a point .
yes you did that right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad