Friedman: Arizona looking for a young NHL-ready center in return for Martin Hanzal

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
On HNIC tonight, Elliotte Friedman said that there was rumors about Martin Hanzal but that Arizona wouldn't move him unless they could bring in a young player who can play in the NHL right now, preferably a center.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So they want a really valuable NHL ready prospect for a guy who is often injured, and is a UFA at years end? MmmK

Is AZ re-signing him to a cap friendly contract, then retaining 50%, as well as making some part of the trade contingent on games played for Hanzal? lmao

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
He'd be a great fit on the Jets if they remain in playoff contention, but not sure I see a trade that works for the Jets as a rental.

Could see him winding up in Washington, Anaheim or Tampa Bay.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
But in all honesty, who is going to offer up a legit NHL ready center for a pending UFA?

And I dont mean legit NHL ready as in he can be a 4C somewhere

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Ryan Strome (NYI) to AZ For Hanzal

I was about to say that but you beat me to it. However, his injury history is a problem. After Grabs, Grabo, KO, Halak, Boychuk, etc.... do we really need an injury prone defensive center?

If we move Strome I would hope it would be in a package for a solid RW.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
The draft shine of Strome is starting to wear off. If NYI think they can extend him, it wouldn't be a terrible idea on their end.

as much as strome has struggled recently, this would be criminally selling low.

He is one season removed from his first full season at 50 pts.

Sophomore slumps happen, doesnt mean his career nose dove already after his second full season

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
The draft shine of Strome is starting to wear off. If NYI think they can extend him, it wouldn't be a terrible idea on their end.

Nonetheless Hanzal is a UFA, you rarely see young players getting moved for those type of players. 99% of the time its a pick + prospect.

Are you telling him he wouldn't give Strome for a UFA? He's an Isles fan.

Either way, I agree with your general idea that UFA Hanzal isn't worth Strome.

whoops, just noticed that hes an Isles fan.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
But in all honesty, who is going to offer up a legit NHL ready center for a pending UFA?

And I dont mean legit NHL ready as in he can be a 4C somewhere

Yeah, I wouldn't even offer Petan from the Jets perspective.

Burmistrov and another prospect or 2nd is the best I would be willing to do and that type of offer will get beat by truly desperate contenders trying to keep Hanzal from each other.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->