Name: Kenny
Hometown: Mesa, AZ
Height: 5'10â€
Weight: 210
Favorite TV show: don't have one
Favorite food: BBQ Beef Brisket
Favorite Coyote: Probably Doan
Favorite non-Coyote: Don't have one
Next or other favorite team: Soft spot for the Preds, but really, it's Coyotes or bust.
Non-hockey teams: ASU, Cardinals, Diamondbacks....don't care for the NBA but prefer the Suns over everyone else. FC Arizona when MLS comes to AZ, whenever that will be. I also have a soft spot for BYU football, but that's largely because I live in Provo.
How else is hockey in your life? I play NHL 14 from time to time.
Favorite Coyotes moment: In person? Doan's hat trick. Otherwise, the 2012 run.
How and when did you become a Coyotes fan? 1997 playoffs vs Anaheim. My dad turned on a game, I started watching, and even though we lost the first two games, I was insta-hooked. Been a diehard ever since.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Height: 5'10”
Next or other favorite team: Soft spot for the Preds, but really, it's Coyotes or bust.
Non-hockey teams: ASU, Cardinals, Diamondbacks....don't care for the NBA but prefer the Suns over everyone else. FC Arizona when MLS comes to AZ, whenever that will be. I also have a soft spot for BYU football, but that's largely because I live in Provo.
How and when did you become a Coyotes fan? 1997 playoffs vs Anaheim. My dad turned on a game, I started watching, and even though we lost the first two games, I was insta-hooked. Been a diehard ever since.

Hell yeah another Kenny. *fist bump* #brothers

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
Your english is better than some native speakers on here, don't stress over it.
That's nice of you to say, but things like
samabam said:
"The WCF Team was great because it was more than the sum of his single parts"
make me roll my eyes at my stupidity, I know that it's "the sum of its single parts" but the longer my posts get, the more my german creeps up on me

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
It's a lady. My wife is 5'3. She lies and says 5'4. A lot of people fib about their height by an inch.

I had to Google it. Haha. I'm 6'5", so most folks are short to me. My wife is 5'10" we are breeding giants over here.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
That's nice of you to say, but things like

make me roll my eyes at my stupidity, I know that it's "the sum of its single parts" but the longer my posts get, the more my german creeps up on me

Don't be so hard on yourself. Your English is great; much better than my German, which is nonexistent.

We all enjoy the diversity of pointless hockey opinion here.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
I know Freising ... I like TSV 1860, my friends live in Landsburg-am-Lech, and if I die of Leberzirrhose, Weihenstephaner Dunkel will be the cause ;)

Living in Bavaria my suspicion is that the Bavarians only export the beer they deem to bad for themselves, so don't sacrifice your liver on Weihenstephaner Dunkel when Weihenstephan actually offers a beer based on Champagne-yeast, that tastes absolutely awesome ;)
Driving from Munich to Landsberg am Lech you pass Kloster Andechs, they make a great Bock-beer (be aware of the high alcohol percentage though). And in Munich and its surroundings I recommand Hacker-Pschorr.
All of these beers are way better than Weihenstephaner Dunkel in my opinion ;)

JeiJeieL

Jun 15, 2015
Kemi, Finland
Name: Joni
Hometown: Kemi, Finland
Height: 184cm
Weight: 83kg
Favorite TV show: Breaking Bad
Favorite food: Pasta
Favorite Coyote: OEL
Favorite non-Coyote: Granlund and Gaborik
Next or other favorite team: Wild
How else is hockey in your life?: -
Favorite Coyotes moment: Started watching games live in 2013-14, so there aren't too much good moments. But maybe OEL's goal against Canucks and Rieder's 2 SHG goals against Oilers last season.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Was looking for a team to GM in NHL10 and chose Coyotes. After that I started watching highlights and 2013-14 live. I watched 78 games last season. Yeah, last season. And games start usually 4AM here in Finland.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I was at that game with my wife. The Detroit fans were their usual obnoxious selves. A guy in the front row of section 206 or 207 in front of us would flip off the whole crowd every time Detroit scored. It was so sweet when we came back in the 3rd and then won it in the SO. I think 2 if not 3 of Detroit's SO attempts hit the post. At the end, there a couple in front of us, the guy had on a Wings jersey and the girl had on a Coyotes jersey. They both took off their jerseys and she handed the Coyotes jersey to him. He put it on and pointed to the scoreboard while she took a picture. I thought that was pretty cool. As you can tell it was memorable for me too.

Haha glad it's a memorable moment for more than just me. It's too bad I had to share it with an ex but it's hands down one of the funnest games I've attended. My second favorite game would have to be opening night against the Jets 3 or 4 years ago, we were surrounded by jets fans and crushed them. If I wasn't saving for a house and an engagement ring I'd be a season ticket holder this year and go to all the games, I'll likely only make it to a few and I hope there will be another great memory to go with one of them.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Name: Joni
Hometown: Kemi, Finland
Height: 184cm
Weight: 83kg
Favorite TV show: Breaking Bad
Favorite food: Pasta
Favorite Coyote: OEL
Favorite non-Coyote: Granlund and Gaborik
Next or other favorite team: Wild
How else is hockey in your life?: -
Favorite Coyotes moment: Started watching games live in 2013-14, so there aren't too much good moments. But maybe OEL's goal against Canucks and Rieder's 2 SHG goals against Oilers last season.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Was looking for a team to GM in NHL10 and chose Coyotes. After that I started watching highlights and 2013-14 live. I watched 78 games last season. Yeah, last season. And games start usually 4AM here in Finland.

Wow! You certainly came in at an inauspicious time... but we'll take any fans we can get. One thing's sure, there's little likelihood that this season will be as bad as last season...

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Who knew the Coyotes had such international appeal?

While their showing wasn't as strong as Boston's among the Czech's, there were a surprising number of Czech Coyote fans back when we opened the season there a few years back. I'll never forget the local with a blow up sombrero with sahuaro's sprouting from it's brim!

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Height: 5'10â€

Fellow Utah resident here. Nice to meet one of the few Coyotes fans here.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Living in Bavaria my suspicion is that the Bavarians only export the beer they deem to bad for themselves, so don't sacrifice your liver on Weihenstephaner Dunkel when Weihenstephan actually offers a beer based on Champagne-yeast, that tastes absolutely awesome ;)
Driving from Munich to Landsberg am Lech you pass Kloster Andechs, they make a great Bock-beer (be aware of the high alcohol percentage though). And in Munich and its surroundings I recommand Hacker-Pschorr.
All of these beers are way better than Weihenstephaner Dunkel in my opinion ;)
I went to Wies'n in 2011 and my friends gave me four Kasten of Hacker-Pschorr Maerzen as gifts. Hacker and I are good friends :)

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Name: Tricia
Hometown: Tempe, AZ
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 127
Favorite TV show: None
Favorite food: Tomato soup
Favorite Coyote: Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Favorite non-Coyote: Lars Eller
Next or other favorite team: Montreal Canadiens
How else is hockey in your life?: I officiate 20-50 games per month and play pickup every once in a while.
Favorite Coyotes moment: Krys Kolanos scoring against Patrick Roy on a penalty shot.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Started watching the Coyotes on FSA when I was in high school. Got hooked during the 01-02 season and with the exception of a few years off due to traveling around, hockey has been part of my life ever since.

Figured I needed to update this; name change is official and legal now. Driver's license and birth certificate have my new name but still incorrectly claim that I'm male.

Writing the weight figure made me hurt, but I'd rather not get into it much more than that.

Reactions: Dead Coyote

ultradan

hello fellow kids
Mar 21, 2010
i don't post here as much as i'd like to, but here goes:

Name: Daniel
Hometown: Riverview, New Brunswick
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 225
Favorite TV show: Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones
Favorite food: Mashed Potatoes
Favorite Coyote: OEL / Boedker
Favorite non-Coyote: Carey Price
Next or other favorite team: Minnesota
How else is hockey in your life?: One of my greatest shames as a Maritimer and Canadian is that I never actually learned how to skate, so I don't play, but I live and breathe hockey 365 days a year!
Favorite Coyotes moment: The glorious WCF run
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Used to like the Jets, when they moved, so did my loyalties. Go Yotes!

ultradan

hello fellow kids
Mar 21, 2010
I used to live in High River - how long have you been there Dan?

All of a year and a month - I had worked here for a few years when I was living in Calgary, and I was living in Okotoks before that! I'm not very good at settling in one place it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->