Arizona Coyotes Top 20 prospects will compete to form a championship core

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
dylan_strome_erie_otters_5.jpg
Photo: For Arizona Coyotes top prospect Dylan Strome, a post-draft season in junior is an opportunity for an OHL title and Memorial Cup berth (courtesy of Terry Wilson/OHL Images)

</p>Strong drafting and Don Maloney’s clever work over the phone – plus the presence of Oliver Ekman-Larsson – should have the Arizona Coyotes back into contention soon. The team in fact brought strong efforts for most of the 2015-16 season, but a playoff berth was asking a lot of this roster. The good news is the franchise has organizational depth to rival any team’s. But beyond even a potential star in Dylan Strome what the Coyotes have is good young and unproven players, so adding another elite talent is crucial at the 2016 Draft.… read more

The post Arizona Coyotes Top 20 prospects will compete to form a championship core appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Can't agree with Dauphin at 3 even with all the graduations. Top 2 is right and you acknowledged the Fischer/Garland rise.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Perlini and Dauphin go after Letunov. Looke and Warren should be ahead of guys like Plotnikov (why even bother?) and Thomas.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Also interesting that Tinordi went from the best prospect in Montreal's system a year ago, to 5th best Habs prospect in the Fall, to not even making our list this Spring. Seems like the club at least values him more highly than Phil-Sam, drug-addled and all.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Hard to believe how far Perlini's stock has dropped.

Yeah, I think it's pretty justified though. Say what you will about the coaching staff linemates, etc, a guy who's that big and fast with his shot should still be producing more in his draft +2 year. He should be a dominant force at this point. Granted I've only seen the OHL highlight videos, so it's possible he's just supremely snakebitten and hits 5 posts a game, but barring that it's concerning.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah, I think it's pretty justified though. Say what you will about the coaching staff linemates, etc, a guy who's that big and fast with his shot should still be producing more in his draft +2 year. He should be a dominant force at this point. Granted I've only seen the OHL highlight videos, so it's possible he's just supremely snakebitten and hits 5 posts a game, but barring that it's concerning.

I agree. This next training camp will be a big one for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad