News Article: Arizona Coyotes slam door on team playing in Glendale

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I know, but I was showing the whole chain of letters, hoping it would clear up some of the confusion, for those who haven't been following it too closely. :laugh:

Thanks for doing that.

Some people from a forum to remain nameless ignored the first two and went right into hacking on LeBlanc's. ;)

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks for doing that.

Some people from a forum to remain nameless ignored the first two and went right into hacking on LeBlanc's. ;)

Haha isn't that the truth. No worries there isn't anyone wishing the organization any ill will thereabouts though. That's why no one is ever scrutized by "authority" in said nameless location either.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I was there at 9am, gone by 10:30a, maybe 100 people.

Late morning and afternoon (with Smitty joining) appeared to have 1,000+

ALB and ticket reps all said ST's are up year-over-year.

Long time sth's then - good man. That was my slot as well and this is the only time I've not attended in all these years, but already had an out of town trip planned. Reason I ask is I was suppose to receive a call regarding a seat request and it's been crickets. Would have been nice if they'd have at least called and told me I was sol.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Kudos to you guys still shelling out the dough for season tickets. Not knowing where the team will be playing and how the on ice product will be put together will keep my from getting back in any time soon.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Kudos to you guys still shelling out the dough for season tickets. Not knowing where the team will be playing and how the on ice product will be put together will keep my from getting back in any time soon.

I doubt you're alone Remo. The team will be playing at GRA next season (barring any disaster) and it will still be your local NHL team. I think you and the ol' flattop really want to attend, despite your reservations. :nod:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I'd still like to have season tickets but I spent the afternoon dismantling my washing machine and scraping vile-smelling guck out of a drain filter in order to avoid spending the money for a service call from someone who actually knows what they're doing. Kids in college are not cheap, and now I have two of them. :cry:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I doubt you're alone Remo. The team will be playing at GRA next season (barring any disaster) and it will still be your local NHL team. I think you and the ol' flattop really want to attend, despite your reservations. :nod:

Oh I'll go to a game or three but there's no way I'd commit to any type of package with the uncertain state of the roster and location. I'm not going to get into the team again only to see them take the Indian money out in the east valley boonies. And waiting for the Domi line to get on the ice so it's worth paying attention doesn't work for me either. I fully expect them to resign Tanguay, Tipchura and the rest of the Tippet clones and fill the roster with Richardson-type free agents that they are so proud of. Shooting for boring, mediocre hockey doesn't work for me. Land a spot close enough for me to make it to games after I get out of work and commit to putting exciting talent on the ice and I'm back in. Just putting a talented team on the ice will get a partial season package out of me.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Oh I'll go to a game or three but there's no way I'd commit to any type of package with the uncertain state of the roster and location. I'm not going to get into the team again only to see them take the Indian money out in the east valley boonies. And waiting for the Domi line to get on the ice so it's worth paying attention doesn't work for me either. I fully expect them to resign Tanguay, Tipchura and the rest of the Tippet clones and fill the roster with Richardson-type free agents that they are so proud of. Shooting for boring, mediocre hockey doesn't work for me. Land a spot close enough for me to make it to games after I get out of work and commit to putting exciting talent on the ice and I'm back in. Just putting a talented team on the ice will get a partial season package out of me.

Boonies to the left of me, boonies to the right - I'm set!

I think we'll start seeing a progressively better on ice product.

See you at the rink!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Stop making excuses. Be happy we have a NHL team. Your letting all the negative talk on these boards get to you. The product is improving and will continue to improve.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Stop making excuses.

This is not a religion. It's a business that generates a product. It is up to the consumer whether he purchases it or not. If he decides not to, it's not an "excuse," it's a rationale. And Remo's rationale is every bit as valid as anyone else's. He's put his money where his mouth is with respect to the Coyotes and he has the right not to without being trolled or excommunicated by the self-appointed fan police.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This is not a religion. It's a business that generates a product. It is up to the consumer whether he purchases it or not. If he decides not to, it's not an "excuse," it's a rationale. And Remo's rationale is every bit as valid as anyone else's. He's put his money where his mouth is with respect to the Coyotes and he has the right not to without being trolled or excommunicated by the self-appointed fan police.

Give it a rest.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Give it a rest.

Or what? You'll come over here and make me? :laugh:

Look, more power to you if you want to be an ostrich but it's kinda dumb to expect everyone else to suck sand - especially when they are spending real dollars and you're not.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Enough of the bickering about who's a fan or who's a hater or whatever. If you can't talk about the topic without including some sort of snipe at someone who disagrees with you then do not press the submit button.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I doubt you're alone Remo. The team will be playing at GRA next season (barring any disaster) and it will still be your local NHL team.

This is where I'm at. If they move over the summer (which I find unbelievably unlikely, but since it happened recently to Atlanta we'll still have to hear about the possibility) it's not like they won't refund the money (in fact that's arguably a reason to root for them to move :laugh: I certainly wish I could have 14-15's $ back). As long I usually have people to go with - even from Chandler on weekdays - when I can go and a reasonable resale market when I can't go, I see no reason to stop being an sth.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
This is where I'm at. If they move over the summer (which I find unbelievably unlikely, but since it happened recently to Atlanta we'll still have to hear about the possibility) it's not like they won't refund the money (in fact that's arguably a reason to root for them to move :laugh: I certainly wish I could have 14-15's $ back). As long I usually have people to go with - even from Chandler on weekdays - when I can go and a reasonable resale market when I can't go, I see no reason to stop being an sth.

It would break my heart more if I got back into season tickets and they moved to the east valley. I physically can't make it to games if they do. I live 2 miles from the arena now so even if I have to work open to close at my shop I can make it to games. Plus, even if by some miracle they sell the team to rational owners and the entire COG morons are voted out and they actually don't move, I have to see how many more Tippett clones are on the roster. If they sign a few more Richardsons and keep the actual talented players from gaining prominent roles, I wouldn't want to support that. It's simply not entertaining hockey and I'd wind up drinking way too much to make it enjoyable. I'm not actually opposed to drinking more but season tickets + large bar tabs make Remo a broke sumbeech.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Or what? You'll come over here and make me? :laugh:

:laugh:

If you just look at some posts as the predictable responses they are, it makes them less annoying and much less worth responding to.

We really should plan a Saturday night game like a month or two in advance to meet up with all the posters here. Get some hard commitments and maybe reserve a table at Kabuki or Saddle Ranch just to put names to faces. I know some of you have met and at least kihekah19 knows what I look like but I don't know any of you.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I'd still like to have season tickets but I spent the afternoon dismantling my washing machine and scraping vile-smelling guck out of a drain filter in order to avoid spending the money for a service call from someone who actually knows what they're doing. Kids in college are not cheap, and now I have two of them. :cry:
I know the whole kids in college thing. Mine have scholarships but it doesn't cover room and board. Puts a crimp in the old disposable income. I'll probably just do the resell market this season.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
:laugh:

If you just look at some posts as the predictable responses they are, it makes them less annoying and much less worth responding to.

We really should plan a Saturday night game like a month or two in advance to meet up with all the posters here. Get some hard commitments and maybe reserve a table at Kabuki or Saddle Ranch just to put names to faces. I know some of you have met and at least kihekah19 knows what I look like but I don't know any of you.

That would be fun. Maybe kihekah19, I and a few others can talk some sense into you and your circle of posters.:)

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Only way you could bring me around to your way of thinking was if you were buying and even then, only until you ran out of money or I passed out.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Only way you could bring me around to your way of thinking was if you were buying and even then, only until you ran out of money or I passed out.

So, I guess I'll be buying two beers before you pass out.:)

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Ha! I wish. I only drink good vodka by the way. Vodka and pineapple juice is my drink lately. No Canadian vodka though if that even exists!

And I'll try not to make fun of your Tipchura jersey...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad