OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIV - Life, The Universe and “Marvel Studios kicks DC Comics’ ass.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't think comparing brands makes as much sense as comparing models. So with that said, which model of Mazda are you all thinking matches up well with which model of Audi or BMW?
Mazda CX9 Signature to the Audi Q7. They have gone head to head in a number of articles and the Mazda has done well when everything is considered. Audi has a few extra bells and whistles, but that will set you back 70K.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So, they compare a 70k car to a 45k vehicle. Compare apples with apples. The Audi q7 is a great vehicle, but it should for 70k. Audi should be compared to Volvo, MB, BMW or any other suv/crossover in that price range.
You suggested it compared favorably?? I wouldn't compare them as I think the Audi is significantly better.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm pretty happy with my Mazda 6 but I don't exactly have a great frame of reference since I buy cars for a generational duration :laugh:
Have had some minor mechanical issues over the years. Water pump developed a crack somewhat recently and had that replaced $600 w/ labor IIRC. I have a broken wheel bearing right now that needs replaced. Ignition coil replacement (thankfully on the front cylinder set, $25 by me instead of paying someone to dig to the back)
Replaced a few rotors. Wear and tear stuff not too big a deal. Brake pads need changed too (The factory brake pads are AMAZING, last forever)
Also the seats were garbage in terms of durability, I had them re-covered.

The only big complaint I have is the particular model I have can't turn for shit. But it's not often I'm pulling U turns.

Currently @ 176k and will probably last another 40 before something serious breaks down that isn't worth fixing.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
The only big complaint I have is the particular model I have can't turn for ****. But it's not often I'm pulling U turns.

:laugh: made me think of something I hadn't thought of in years...in college (mid 80s) I had a 71 Corolla subcompact station wagon. Thing was underpowered, slow, loud, and unattractive. But turning radius? It could almost pirouette.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
:laugh: made me think of something I hadn't thought of in years...in college (mid 80s) I had a 71 Corolla subcompact station wagon. Thing was underpowered, slow, loud, and unattractive. But turning radius? It could almost pirouette.

Spent my first year of college at the wheel of a '72 Ford Pinto Runabout. Car had pretty good performance.... just had to keep going fast enough and one eye in the rear view mirror. :biglaugh:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Was that station wagon white with a red-white-and-blue racing stripe low on the side doors? If so, that was mine once. :laugh:

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You suggested it compared favorably?? I wouldn't compare them as I think the Audi is significantly better.
Each to their own. That is just one article of many. The CX9 has compared favorably to the Volvo and Audi many times.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Each to their own. That is just one article of many. The CX9 has compared favorably to the Volvo and Audi many times.
No it doesn't, they really aren't comparable or competitors except they are both vehicles. People shopping Mazda for the most part are comparing them to Honda, Toyota, Kia, Hyundai, and so on. There are obviously exceptions to every rule.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Was that station wagon white with a red-white-and-blue racing stripe low on the side doors? If so, that was mine once. :laugh:

Mine could best be described as 'fading-paint goldenrod'...unbelievably, there's a picture of a very similar looking one on the internet (the resemblance is eerie):

ke26onwats.jpg

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No it doesn't, they really aren't comparable or competitors except they are both vehicles. People shopping Mazda for the most part are comparing them to Honda, Toyota, Kia, Hyundai, and so on. There are obviously exceptions to every rule.
Listen to what I said. I don't write these articles. I wouldn't compare them either, but they have been, more than once. Youtube has plenty.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Mine could best be described as 'fading-paint goldenrod'...unbelievably, there's a picture of a very similar looking one on the internet (the resemblance is eerie):

ke26onwats.jpg

Well, I misremembered - ours was a Corona, not a Corolla. Same year, though. We hand-painted the red-white-and-blue stripes on the car in 1976 in a fit of bicentennial fever... :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->