OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIV - Life, The Universe and “Marvel Studios kicks DC Comics’ ass.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I once got 11k for a Ford Explorer I totaled that I paid 7.5k for 2yrs prior. Crazy.

Maybe it was 10k I got. Not sure how. Might’ve fished the purchase price on the title? Don’t remember. I was 18 when I bought it and 20 when I totaled it, if memory serves.

cromag27

Nov 7, 2017
What do they evaluate? Everywhere I looked, I was expecting around $11k for a 2016 sonata. I'm pleasantly surprised.

insurance companies will typically use jelly blue book or nada (which are scams, but that’s a different topic). they take into consideration depreciation. and it’s up to your claims adjuster to assign the final value.

what’s working in your favor is the type of vehicle. some vehicles hold their value better than others. typically speaking, the more reliable and long lasting the vehicle, the more value they will retain. the most reliable cars now are toyota, honda, some hyundai and some kia. buy a fiat, benz or bmw and you could be screwed.

cars do lose value once you buy them, but it’s not really high like 50%.

cromag27

Nov 7, 2017
i really liked got tonight. everybody doing different things, preparing to die. i’m thinking the entire next episode will be one big battle.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
It was good. I really loved the Han Solo movie. I think the garbage that was The Last Jedi kept a lot of people from seeing a really great movie. Would love for Ron Howard to make another.

I think the name of the movie and the fact that Luke (at least as a force ghost), Lando and the emperor are in the movie shows how much they are trying to make people forget TLJ. Hope it works. I was really going to wait to download it for free but the trailer has me reconsidering.

I just watched Solo. You're right. It is good. Had the fun feel of the original 3. Loved the plot twists.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
In the market for a three row SUV.

Ruled out the Outlander. Anyone on here have any recommendations?

I don’t want anything luxury either.
I am very pleased with my Mazda CX-9. I have the top of the line with the electronics, and it saved the life of an idiot kid who decided to bicycle across the street without looking at oncoming traffic. The car reacted faster than I did.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I am very pleased with my Mazda CX-9. I have the top of the line with the electronics, and it saved the life of an idiot kid who decided to bicycle across the street without looking at oncoming traffic. The car reacted faster than I did.

I'll second this. Mazda builds a hell of a good product.

Reactions: Jakey53

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I've been pleased with Durango RT, had it for 6 years and still going strong. It's particularly great for road trips up in the mountains where it tackles the steep inclines with ease. I chose the Durango because it was by far the best bang for my buck (got top of the line model for the price of most others middling trim) thanks to the depressed Dodge brand but honestly I don't think you could go wrong with any of the 3 row SUV's.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Watching the CAR/NYI game and noticed it was another arena that doesn't have room for the backup goalie. I know it isn't the only arena like that. Is it just a design flaw or is there a method to the madness that I'm not seeing?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Watching the CAR/NYI game and noticed it was another arena that doesn't have room for the backup goalie. I know it isn't the only arena like that. Is it just a design flaw or is there a method to the madness that I'm not seeing?

It was designed as basketball only arena. It's like playing in the modern equivalent of AWA

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Arizona doing great things making it easier to work in the state. If the Phoenix Police Academy is only 850 hrs, why is a hair stylist required to complete a minimum of 1,000 hours of training?

WSJ - April 28, 2019 - Arizona’s state motto is “Ditat Deus”—“God enriches”—but residents might want to thank Gov. Doug Ducey and lawmakers, too. This month they adopted three new licensing reforms that will make it easier to earn a decent living.

The new law makes Arizona the first state to recognize out-of-state occupational licenses. Arizona’s broad and burdensome licensing regime has been one of the worst in the U.S., though it’s the fourth fastest-growing state.

The new legislation applies to more than 40 professions, from cosmetologists and court reporters to psychologists and surgeons. Newcomers often had to pay hundreds of dollars and spend thousands of hours in training before they could practice their occupation in Arizona—even if they had done the same job safely for years elsewhere.

They’ll now receive an Arizona license as long as they’ve held a comparable one in another state for at least a year. To ensure safety, newcomers would be denied licensing recognition if they had a disqualifying criminal record or faced an open complaint or investigation for unprofessional conduct.
Mr. Ducey also signed legislation this month that targets onerous licensing requirements for salon workers. Arizona has long required hair stylists to complete a minimum of 1,000 hours of training, even if they never handle chemicals or scissors. Cosmetology schools claimed the mandate protects the public, but they profited from the state’s requirement.

Now Arizona will allow salon workers to do blowouts, straightening, curling or other basic styling after they complete a simple course from the state Board of Cosmetology on sanitation and preventing infectious disease. The reform opens up an appealing job option for low-skilled workers who otherwise would have had to pay between $8,000 and $15,000 for schooling to do the same work, says Republican state Sen. Michelle Ugenti-Rita.

On April 1, Gov. Ducey signed the Ice Cream Freedom Bill, which loosens licensing for mom-and-pop restaurants and vendors that make their own small-batch ice cream for customers to eat on-site. The old rules drew no distinction between these small outfits and major ice-cream manufacturers. Establishments like Churn—a Phoenix shop whose largest ice-cream batch is eight gallons—could be ordered to buy industrial repasturization equipment that costs tens of thousands of dollars and consumes enormous amounts of electricity.
Under the new rules, they have to pass a simple inspection. The legislation affects a handful of small businesses, but GOP state Rep. Jeff Weninger, says it’s part of a larger message: “We are open for business, and we're trying to cut back on red tape here in the state of Arizona.”

Since 2017 Arizona has also passed laws waiving occupational licensing fees for its poorest residents and allowing more workers to obtain a license despite a criminal history, provided there’s little risk to public safety. With opportunities like these opening up, it’s no wonder Arizona is growing fast.

Opinion | Arizona’s Licensing Liberation

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
All these people moving from Chicago has me like

2rhobr.png

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
That’s just the academy. That doesn’t include field training.

Same with hairdressers :laugh:. I'm not particularly faulting Phoneix PD, but around the country it seems apparent that cops lack sufficient training in 1. how to defuse situations, and 2. determining when to shoot.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Same with hairdressers :laugh:. I'm not particularly faulting Phoneix PD, but around the country it seems apparent that cops lack sufficient training in 1. how to defuse situations, and 2. determining when to shoot.

Yeah. I’m not sure. I don’t think hairdressers should have that much training. After all, it’s just hair. You could you tube most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad