OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIV - Life, The Universe and “Marvel Studios kicks DC Comics’ ass.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Quite a lot of those are people doing dumb stuff of course.

The tales are often gruesome. Like in San Antonio when a tourist accidentally turned into oncoming traffic and was hit head-on by a pickup truck. Or when an Oklahoma City man, traveling at full speed, clipped a metal drainpipe and was thrown over the handlebars -- breaking both arms. Or when a rider in Cincinnati ran a red light and crashed into two pedestrians, sending them both to urgent care.

Course that doesn't mean they won't get sued into oblivion anyway :laugh:

And the story without working brakes is a problem.

The "no riding on sidewalks" line on the sticker is hilarious though. Like anybody is avoiding that. Plus I suspect more people would get hurt if those things were actually on the streets, or the injuries there were would be more severe.

Accident rates could be as high as 1,000 per month."

I'd be curious to compare that to numbers of people who have crashes/injuries on personal bicycles/scooters etc. Are more people getting injured because of their bad equipment, or just being unfamiliar with zipping around on a scooter.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Quite a lot of those are people doing dumb stuff of course.

Course that doesn't mean they won't get sued into oblivion anyway :laugh:

And the story without working brakes is a problem.

The "no riding on sidewalks" line on the sticker is hilarious though. Like anybody is avoiding that. Plus I suspect more people would get hurt if those things were actually on the streets, or the injuries there were would be more severe.

I'd be curious to compare that to numbers of people who have crashes/injuries on personal bicycles/scooters etc. Are more people getting injured because of their bad equipment, or just being unfamiliar with zipping around on a scooter.

My guess is that they are not as skilled at riding it, are riding on sidewalks with pedestrians and other stuff to crash into, and are not wearing helmets...plus college kids riding drunk after leaving the bar. That's what I would do were I still living on campus :nod:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Looks like we fail at tankage like everything else :(

Coyotes attempting to tank:

OkJLREc.png

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
for the first time in ages, i just saw the music video to Electric Barbarella (Duran Duran - 1997), and flashed back to whoever on here pointed out that 'girls like "Sunset Heart Hands" are why sex robot brothels are a thing'. it was eery:laugh:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
What do the Phoenix Suns, Arizona Cardinals, Arizona Diamondbacks, Arizona Rattlers and Phoenix Rising all have in common?

They all had a float in annual electric light parade. Coyotes...not so much.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
What do the Phoenix Suns, Arizona Cardinals, Arizona Diamondbacks, Arizona Rattlers and Phoenix Rising all have in common?

They all had a float in annual electric light parade. Coyotes...not so much.

Coyotes are the only one of those teams currently trying to make the playoffs.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Phoenix Rising made it to the USL championship game last month.

The most impressive thing about that is that it proves that location works for pro sports. If they can get support like they did for a 2nd level team (with absolutely 0 guarantee of ever being MLS without pro/rel) IN SUMMER, let me repeat, OUTSIDE IN SUMMER, in that part of the valley in a temporary facility, imagine what a real major league team with a permanent facility could do.

How they talked Didier Drogba into investing in that and finishing his career there has gotta be a great story.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Tumblr is currently in the process of banning banana images from their website (hyperbole but technically true) as well pictures of sand dunes, and I couldn't laugh harder if I wanted to.

Reactions: CC96

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I went to Ice House Tavern tonight. My last visit was a few years ago before the remodel. Don't care for the makeover but they left the bar alone. I'm told there's no longer local bands or stand-up. Catering almost exclusively to hockey moms. Food options have expanded. Had the wings and fried pickles. Neither is special but good for bar food.

Reactions: Katie Connauton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad