OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIV - Life, The Universe and “Marvel Studios kicks DC Comics’ ass.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Depressing. People are very stupid.

If I had an old pickup with a heavy steel bumper it would be a good "experiment" to hit the brakes hard and see how quickly the Waymo reacts. For science of course.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Or just get to work or the store or wherever. If you’ve got no place in particular to go, maybe stay the hell at home and stop bothering people. I’m liking being a grumpy old man.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Dinking around without "intent to injure" at some level probably does help the beta testing, but people like the one described in that article remind me of people who opt their kids out of vaccinations. Facepalm. And the guy's in IT, too...probably shouldn't get any work or customers in the field ever again. I know I'd blackball him based on that article alone.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Or just get to work or the store or wherever. If you’ve got no place in particular to go, maybe stay the hell at home and stop bothering people. I’m liking being a grumpy old man.

I enjoy being a grumpy old hermit woman who has never been married and probably never will be (a lot of which has to do with my attitude on life by now), myself.

Things I have caught myself saying within the last few months:

"Kids are so disrespectful these days"
"Leave them to their own devices then"
"It's not my problem"
"If they have nothing productive to do, then they should at least leave us alone" (in reference to my rural community)

I'm only 32 :help:

Reactions: RemoAZ

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
image0.jpg

Snow!

Yay snow! :) You have more of a winter there in Arizona than I do in Southern Norway... Snowless and drab here atm. Sigh :(

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Dinking around without "intent to injure" at some level probably does help the beta testing, but people like the one described in that article remind me of people who opt their kids out of vaccinations. Facepalm. And the guy's in IT, too...probably shouldn't get any work or customers in the field ever again. I know I'd blackball him based on that article alone.
Well assuming the claim is true, that a Waymo almost hit his kid in their cul-de-sac, I can understand his anger. I don't think that's even in the same stratosphere as the ignorance that comes from the anti-vaxxer crowd.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Didn't see any snow in Glendale, did you? Even more proof the East Side is a better hockey market!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The Max Comtois incident is an example of why I abhor the World Juniors. Our responsibility is to nurture children, not offer them up as human sacrifices to the Canadian hockey god. I can only hope that other hockey crazy countries do a better job than the Canadians in protecting their children.

Reactions: Katie Connauton

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
The Max Comtois incident is an example of why I abhor the World Juniors. Our responsibility is to nurture children, not offer them up as human sacrifices to the Canadian hockey god. I can only hope that other hockey crazy countries do a better job than the Canadians in protecting their children.

What are you referring to?

rt

May 13, 2004
I’m sure these ultra competitive young athletes absolutely hate the big stage and the high stakes and playing at the absolute pinnacle of their age group. Poor them.

Maxim Comtois would punch you in the neck for saying some soft ass shit like that to him. Then he’d flop on the ground and pretend your neck injured his fist.

Last edited:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I hate diving. It's an infection that needs to stay in the NBA. It has no place in hockey. Thankfully the diving Smith is gone and I haven't seen OEL do it this year although I haven't seen every game. Hopefully he's quit doing that now that he's our captain.

Reactions: MIG

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I’m sure these ultra competitive young athletes absolutely hate the big stage and the high stakes and playing at the absolute pinnacle of their age group. Poor them.

Maxim Comtois would punch you in the neck for saying some soft ass **** like that to him. Then he’d flop on the ground and pretend your neck injured his fist.
Misdirection, totally.

The big stage doesn't include internet shaming. These are kids, not adults. They feel it.

rt

May 13, 2004
Misdirection, totally.

The big stage doesn't include internet shaming. These are kids, not adults. They feel it.
So you are completely misdirecting your angst with internet bullying on international sporting events? Got it. One has nothing to do with the other. Start an anti bullying thread.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Look at how noisy drones are. Now imagine a 4000+ lb car landing on your neighbors roof. Not going to happen for generations. The way to help with urban congestion will be underground skids like Elon is currently working on in LA. He's doing it without public funding. Something like this-
Elon Musk reveals his fix for LA traffic

Elon has some good ideas, but not all of Elon's ideas are good ones. I don't think his tunnels with reduce traffic congestion at all. Has anyone done the analysis of how many cars one tunnel line could remove in an hour? It looks like a really inefficient system. Much less efficient than just a regular subway, which LA already has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad