OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIII -- Summertime Blues

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Hey all,

Vickie and I just want to thank you for everything you've done for us. With all of you and all our Coyotes friends and family on Facebook and Twitter you're providing us with much-needed support. Mr. Barroway talked about the Coyotes and their fans being a family. How true it is.

For those of you who sent condolences that meant a lot. If you donated I only know most of you by screen name so I'm listing all the donors to Ashleigh's Memorial Fund. If you don't see your name or screen name on the list please DM me immediately. I want to be able to identify members of this board who have donated. I've bolded the HF members I know and want to bold all of you whose names are listed. If you prefer to leave your name on the list as is that's OK, too.

As of today, the fund is at $7,100, $900 short of our $8,000 target. All proceeds are going to Desert Hockey Development.

Whether we hit it or not your generosity will put a lot of smiles on the faces of boys and girls who will be taking to the ice this fall.

If a kid can't skate, your generosity will get them on the ice where they'll learn to skate. If they already skate they will begin learning the hockey basics. And if they're ready to play but can't afford the cost of fees and/or equipment your donations will be helping those kids, too.

Ash loved hockey. Especially the Coyotes. I know some of you knew her and others met her. If you were lucky enough to meet her you'll probably remember that beautiful smile of hers.

Thank you all again.

Peace and love.
Marc & Vickie Fredrick

Donors to the Ashleigh M Fredrick Memorial Fund

Anonymous
Anonymous
Nicholas Badie
Andrew Barroway
Mike Beckham
Selma Blair
Rick & Deb Brooks
CC96
Chris Campbell
Toadie the Canadian
Jacob Collen
Collen Family
Robert A Cox
Miles Cunningham
Justin Dahlgren
Jennifer Del Principe
Scott Dewey
Bill Eikost
Lawrence Feiner
Ricki Feiner[/B]
Camrin Fredrick
Greg and Lauren Fredrick
MIG
Emma Green
Mike Kasher
Judith Keathley
Michael L
Remo Lalli
Robert & Sheryl Laughlin
Stephane Legay
Suzanne Long
Vic Lowrey
Lady MacBeth
David Miner
Edward Miner
RABBIT Mitchell
Stuart Neal
Dana Nisley
Joseph Noose
Patrick O'Halleran
Melinda Rist
Aubrey Rasmussen
Bob & Linda Sangerman
Bob & Linda Sangerman
Scott Schnee
Marla Smith
Matt Tozzi
Rob Turner
Trent (rt from HFboards)
Sin Urgy
Donna Weisheit
Jeff Weisheit
Cory Wilkins

Last edited:

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
Hey all,

Vickie and I just want to thank you for everything you've done for us. With all of you and all our Coyotes friends and family on Facebook and Twitter you're providing us with much-needed support. Mr. Barroway talked about the Coyotes and their fans being a family. How true it is.

For those of you who sent condolences that meant a lot. If you donated I only know most of you by screen name so I'm listing all the donors to Ashleigh's Memorial Fund. If you don't see your name or screen name on the list please DM me immediately. I want to be able to identify members of this board who have donated. I've bolded the HF members I know and want to bold all of you whose names are listed. If you prefer to leave your name on the list as is that's OK, too.

As of 1:50 pm today the fund is at $5,935. All proceeds are going to Desert Hockey Development.

Having surpassed our goal of $5,000 and with commitments for additional donations, we upped our target to $8,000. Whether we hit it or not your generosity will put a lot of smiles on the faces of boys and girls who will be taking to the ice this fall.

If a kid can't skate, your generosity will get them on the ice for the first time where they'll learn to skate. If they already skate they will begin learning the hockey basics. And if they're ready to play but can't afford the cost of fees and/or equipment your donations will be helping those kids, too.

Ash loved hockey. Especially the Coyotes. I know some of you knew her and others met her. If you were lucky enough to meet her you'll probably remember that beautiful smile of hers.

Thank you all again.

Peace and love.
Marc & Vickie Fredrick

Donors to the Ashleigh M Fredrick Memorial Fund

Nicholas Badie
Andrew Barroway
Mike Beckham
Selma Blair
Chris Campbell
Jacob Collen
Collen Family
Robert A Cox
Justin Dahlgren
Jennifer Del Principe
Scott Dewey
Bill Eikost
Lawrence Feiner
Ricki Feiner[/B]
Camrin Fredrick
Greg and Lauren Fredrick
MI G
Emma Green
Judith Keathley
Michael L
Remo Lalli
Robert & Sheryl Laughlin
Stephane Legay
Suzanne Long
Vic Lowrey
David Miner
Edward Miner
RABBIT Mitchell
Stuart Neal
Dana Nisley
Joseph Noose
Patrick OHalleran
Melinda Rist
Aubrey Rasmussen
Bob & Linda Sangerman
Scott Schnee
Marla Smith
Matt Tozzi
Rob Turner
Sin Urgy
Donna Weisheit
Cory Wilkins

Say what you will about our little group here on forum 40, but damn it feels good to feel apart of this little circle of good people. :yo:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Say what you will about our little group here on forum 40, but damn it feels good to feel apart of this little circle of good people. :yo:
Glad to see you donated Rabbit!

btw...RR...I'm pretty sure Mi G is board 40 member MIG.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
. I've bolded the HF members I know and want to bold all of you whose names are listed.
Andrew Barroway
Barroway's name is bolded....... He's a poster! Now to discover who.

Seriously though it's awesome to see how many posters donated. When we're not berating each other about coaches or lineups I guess we're all actually decent people.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Barroway's name is bolded....... He's a poster! Now to discover who.

Seriously though it's awesome to see how many posters donated. When we're not berating each other about coaches or lineups I guess we're all actually decent people.

Goes without saying, Ultra. Look forward to seeing you and Tori at camp in September. :)

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
btw...RR...I'm pretty sure Mi G is board 40 member MIG.

Witness protection program ya know...gotta keep my head down. :naughty:

I remember going to high school in the Valley in the early 80s. Virtually no one played hockey, or even had a place to skate. How times have changed.

Last edited:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I thought my name would be obvious. I'm more stealthy thank thought.

I would have liked go learn to play when I was a kid but I doubt my parents would have been able to afford all the gear even if there were leagues here. Glad there are efforts to raise money for kids now and happy to be able to contribute.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
I thought my name would be obvious. I'm more stealthy thank thought.

I would have liked go learn to play when I was a kid but I doubt my parents would have been able to afford all the gear even if there were leagues here. Glad there are efforts to raise money for kids now and happy to be able to contribute.

You've been bolded Mr. Lalli. :)

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Mr. Lalli is my dad. Hey, anyone ever tell you, you look like the actor Jack Elam? It's been bugging me since I saw that picture of you. I just remembered the John Wayne movie he was in (Rio Lobo) and looked it up to find his name.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Since we're on the topic of charity, does anyone have an opinion on charity CEO pay?

My take is that charity CEO pay should be relative to the size of the charity, but not on par with CEO pay at a for profit company. CEOs at a charity have the important task of efficiently allocating funds to accomplish the most good, as well as increase fundraising, but are not being asked to continue to grow profits, which in my mind is more difficult. You need to pay well to attract quality people.

For large charities, defined as those with more than $13.5 million in annual expenses, median pay is around $244k. I'm OK with that level of compensation.

The American Red Cross pulls in nearly $3 billion, and the CEO makes half a mil per year, very reasonable IMO.

On the other hand...
In the past I have contributed to the Arbor Day Foundation (rev $41 million), but recently learned that the former CEO has been receiving over $400k per year since retiring in 2014. He takes in more than the current CEO. Is this some type of retirement plan? If so, it's way to generous, particularly for a non-profit. No more contributions from me til they answer some questions.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Mr. Lalli is my dad. Hey, anyone ever tell you, you look like the actor Jack Elam? It's been bugging me since I saw that picture of you. I just remembered the John Wayne movie he was in (Rio Lobo) and looked it up to find his name.

No, I haven't. Thanks for the compliment?

8008481_1066802218.jpg

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Since we're on the topic of charity, does anyone have an opinion on charity CEO pay?

My take is that charity CEO pay should be relative to the size of the charity, but not on par with CEO pay at a for profit company. CEOs at a charity have the important task of efficiently allocating funds to accomplish the most good, as well as increase fundraising, but are not being asked to continue to grow profits, which in my mind is more difficult. You need to pay well to attract quality people.

For large charities, defined as those with more than $13.5 million in annual expenses, median pay is around $244k. I'm OK with that level of compensation.

The American Red Cross pulls in nearly $3 billion, and the CEO makes half a mil per year, very reasonable IMO.

On the other hand...
In the past I have contributed to the Arbor Day Foundation (rev $41 million), but recently learned that the former CEO has been receiving over $400k per year since retiring in 2014. He takes in more than the current CEO. Is this some type of retirement plan? If so, it's way to generous, particularly for a non-profit. No more contributions from me til they answer some questions.

Im wondering if its a waste to give these charities what little we do..When a food pantry says that for each dollar you give they can feed 4 people....there no way is there?

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Im wondering if its a waste to give these charities what little we do..When a food pantry says that for each dollar you give they can feed 4 people....there no way is there?

Maybe they get matching funds from the government or a corporate sponsor. :dunno:

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Maybe they get matching funds from the government or a corporate sponsor. :dunno:

I think that's it. These large charities have to raise so much money they need a CEO who has the gift of directing the raising of huge sums of money. Someone like that doesn't come cheap.

EDIT: Not justifying it.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I used my real name so I'm on the unbolded list, but it'll keep it a mystery :naughty:

I have to say, that's a damn good effort from all involved.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
http://www.abc15.com/news/local-news/ua-student-beaten-to-death-in-greece

TUCSON, AZ - A 22-year-old University of Arizona student was reportedly beaten to death outside a bar by 10 people while on vacation on a Greek island.

KVUE reported Austin Native Bakari Henderson was an Anderson High School graduate, according to former classmates.

According to New York Daily News, it was not immediately clear what caused the fight outside of the bar, but Henderson was reportedly surrounded by 10 people during the beating, and pronounced dead at a local hospital from severe head injuries.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
I used my real name so I'm on the unbolded list, but it'll keep it a mystery :naughty:

Amazing! I can't say thanks often enough to this board. You've been generous and kind with your words ad believe me that helps. So, thanks again until my next thanks again post. :)

-RR

KG

Sep 23, 2010
So we can gather by Jake's Twitter that he has two passions in life
1. posting on hfboards secretly
2. sports

:)))

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

Your donation was subject to exchange rates so from your perspective you probably donated like 200 billion dollars, which in New Zealand will buy you half a meat pie.

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->