Arizona Coyotes Lounge XII - The Travel Bureau

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I can only echo the sentiments already expressed. My deepest sympathies, RR.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I simply cannot comprehend what he's going through, this is just horrible. It's the worst thing that can happen to a Dad. I know a couple on here are close to him, please stick by his side right now, he's going to need you.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Anyone got a car I can borrow for a few days next week?

Why do rental companies have to be so dang expensive!!!

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Anyone got a car I can borrow for a few days next week?

Why do rental companies have to be so dang expensive!!!

Try seeing if your insurance company offers discounted rates for whoever their main vendor is.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I've sat in Marc's seats on 3 occasions. Never met his daughter but one of the games I enjoyed with Marc. He's a really nice guy and it's terrible to read about the passing of his daughter. My condolences, Marc, to you and your family.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
This movie is amazing...and based on a true story.

Lion-movie-image.png

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3741834/

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's the best movie you've never heard of.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Appreciate the recommendation...always looking for something good to watch. Amazing how much crap comes out of Hollywood studios.

What makes it worse is people still go see the 10,000th spiderman movie made so the studios will still make them.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
In case anyone is noticing janky behavior by the website, it's due to work in preparation for the forum migration to updated software.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
What makes it worse is people still go see the 10,000th spiderman movie made so the studios will still make them.

Yep. There are tons of great movies from Korea, Scandinavia, Israel and India (not exclusive). Hollywood is oft predictable, safe and boring. The re-makes of re-makes are yawners.

Old Boy, Bron (TV), and the Girl w/ the Dragon Tattoo trilogy were all foreign works, copied by Hollywood...and not for the better. The foreign originals, IMO were superior, partly because they were edgier.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Yep. There are tons of great movies from Korea, Scandinavia, Israel and India (not exclusive). Hollywood is oft predictable, safe and boring. The re-makes of re-makes are yawners.

Old Boy, Bron (TV), and the Girl w/ the Dragon Tattoo trilogy were all foreign works, copied by Hollywood...and not for the better. The foreign originals, IMO were superior, partly because they were edgier.

There's room for both. I loved Oldboy and the girl with the dragon tattoo movies, just watched Pans Labyrinth and El orfanato (the orphanage) again this last weekend, but I'm still going to see spiderman. Maybe I just like an unusually broad range of movies, but I can watch and enjoy both the Avengers and Drive.

On the topic of movies I just saw the void, pretty badass. I'd heard it compared to the John Carpenter/Kurt Russell version of the Thing, and while I don't think it's that good it's worth watching for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad