Confirmed with Link: [ARI/WSH] Johan Larsson (50%) traded to Washington for a 2023 3rd

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I’m confused. How is this dumb? The guy might not want to be here next year. We don’t know how this. It’s possible he’s expressed to the team that he will look elsewhere in the summer. Better to get something for him than nothing

Good point. Hope we send him a deal in the offseason then. I just feel like the return will be so underwhelming that I'd rather have him around to help the develotof Hayton.

@finkelsteinberg brought up another point that it will show FA's we are willing to deal then to playoff teams at the deadline which may help in FA as well.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I am slightly interested in what’s happening though. Larsson getting traded and Nash on waivers.

That’s two centers who are going. AZ now down to Boyd, Beagle, Hayton and Fischer down the middle. Fischer isn’t a center (or NHL player for that fact haha). I wonder if they plan on calling up Jenik or plan to get a center in a trade by tomorrow.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
I am slightly interested in what’s happening though. Larsson getting traded and Nash on waivers.

That’s two centers who are going. AZ now down to Boyd, Beagle, Hayton and Fischer down the middle. Fischer isn’t a center (or NHL player for that fact haha). I wonder if they plan on calling up Jenik or plan to get a center in a trade by tomorrow.
Lundell! Arizona making room and Florida picking up Giroux as a replacement. It all makes perfect sense!

• Haha
Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Byfield is a center ;)

Reactions: Prarievarg

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it

McBain?

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016

The Nash thing could just be a paper move to give them more roster flexibility if they are making deals. I'd be surprised if someone claims him, and if not I'm sure he would likely stay up with Yotes.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I initially called this rumor dumb because I didn't think we could get a 3rd or better from him. Great value. We used our last retention spot though so gotta believe Kessel is staying.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
A 3rd is better than I thought we could get for Larsson. Love the player and hope he comes back.

Also shocked we could potentially get a 3rd for Wedgewood. Whoa.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
nashville is the only team left that can take kessel ? hope they plan on resigning if not,

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
nashville is the only team left that can take kessel ? hope they plan on resigning if not,

Seems uninterested at times on the ice, no longer productive, $91 million in career earnings, new (1st)baby at home, not even 35 years old and still healthy. If I'm Kessel, I call it quits and go watch cartoons with my kid.

Reactions: sundance74

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Seems uninterested at times on the ice, no longer productive, $91 million in career earnings, new (1st)baby at home, not even 35 years old and still healthy. If I'm Kessel, I call it quits and go watch cartoons with my kid.
That seems plausible. He might get a 1-year deal on the open market this summer, but he just doesn't seem all that driven anymore.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad