Confirmed Trade: [ARI/MTL] Jordan Weal for Michael Chaput

YOW

Nov 17, 2013
oceanview cabin
meh both teams got what they wanted. Weal doeesn't take his NHL salary to the AHL in AZ and MTL gets rid of a guy they don't want.

HABSFTW

Jun 19, 2007
Thunder Bay
4 quarters for a dollar but that may be overvaluing both guys....... 25 pennies for a quarter.

Chaput has 1 more year under contract, Weal is expiring. Creative way to free up a contract for next year?
It's a nothing for nothing so this makes the most sense to me.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I couldn't agree more. I don't want him to be a major player unless the player coming back has term ( say a signed Stone)
I'm ok with the rebuild for now, until this summer where he will have to get busy
I just think this move is useless

Chaput wasn't going to play here and MB saved a contract for next year since Chaput was signed for 2 years and Weal 1. Nothing in the grand scheme of things just some house cleaning since Chaput is done as a hab.

Reactions: Habs 4 Life

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
why does Bergevin keep dumpster diving? Montreal is lucky to be where they are in the standings. Is he ever going to make an impactful trade or just hope all these 4th liners become top liners in the NHL.

Reactions: YOW

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
useless trade for the habs

literally 0 use of Weal

No disrespect but hockey is all about details. Weal is a right handed faceoff guy. Mtl has no RH C... all are lefties..

Shaw who plays RW has taken a ton of draws due o that..

Faceoff % goes up when your on your strong side..

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
How is Weal's skating? Anyone know if he's got Weals?

(figured I would keep the spirit of the thread alive but actually seriously asking)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad