Confirmed with Link: [ARI] Ilya Lyubushkin (1 year, $1M) and Kyle Capobianco (2 years, $775K AAV) sign extensions

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I really don't think Tocc surviving is a given. We're just shell shocked

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
OEL-Demers
Chych-Goose
Oesterle-Hammer
Bush/Capo

We might have 25 or 30 man rosters this year if the AHL doesn't play. I don't think it's a problem, and they are obviously working on moving at least one of the expiring contracts and OEL.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think how Capo was treated by Tocchet is probably a real sore spot for Sullivan.
Capo didn't impress last year. Maybe it was because he was not fully recovered from his injury. He will have no excuses this year.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I like it for both. I think Lyubushkin was probably the most improved player within the season. As long as these players have a vet to work with they're fine. Issues arise when they get paired like what happened for a stretch last season.

I don't mind the one-way deals because it likely means Söderström is getting top minutes in the AHL should that ever start back up and he returns from Sweden, and these guys would just be sitting around or we'd be scrambling to loan them out if they were on two-ways. Perhaps they'll do well enough that we can assuredly move out some of the veteran defense at the deadline.

SCT

May 6, 2015
Capo’s offensive game is ready, defensive is suspect. Soderstrom is 2 years at least from being NHL ready.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Capo’s offensive game is ready, defensive is suspect. Soderstrom is 2 years at least from being NHL ready.

Soderstrom could have made the team out of camp last year. He plays a very technical, calm style that isn't going to wow anybody.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Can’t recall which article is was but the Coyotes have had stayed in constant touch with Soderstrom, doing additional board work drills while at home to simulate what he’ll have to deal with on a smaller NHL rink.

He may end up more ready to play at the top level than we might think.

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad