Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] F Josh Doan signs ELC with the Coyotes (3 years, $925k AAV; begins 2023-24)

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It would be pretty cool if he ends up being the Captain of the Coyotes some day.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Nepotism all the way.

I'm thinking he becomes a very good part of Coyotes. Him and Crouse should be a handle.

Yes, he definitely doesn't look bad right now. We'll see how he does in the pros, but he should at least be a good AHL guy.

Hopefully, he does reach his ceiling and becomes a big part of the Coyotes. I love good father/son stories.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Nepotism all the way.

I'm thinking he becomes a very good part of Coyotes. Him and Crouse should be a handle.
There's a lot of that in the league. Worked out for the Bruins with Gryzelc (his dad works on the ice crew). TBD if works out for them with Langenbrunner (Jamie works in player development).

Chris Bourque got a half season+ with the Bruins just cause he was Ray's kid. His play definitely wasn't what kept him in the lineup.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
There's a lot of that in the league. Worked out for the Bruins with Gryzelc (his dad works on the ice crew). TBD if works out for them with Langenbrunner (Jamie works in player development).

Chris Bourque got a half season+ with the Bruins just cause he was Ray's kid. His play definitely wasn't what kept him in the lineup.
He played 18 of his 51 NHL games there, was point per game in the AHL when he was called up and played a million journeyman pro games. Weird situation to single out.

Reactions: flooredaccord

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
What kind of sin did the Doan lineage commit to be chained to that franchise?
Believe it or not there are actually some people who like the Coyotes and living in Phoenix. Shane had ample opportunity to leave yet signed multiple contracts with the franchise. Using a kid signing his ELC to take yet another swipe at a franchise is just low class. There are plenty of other threads to criticize them in.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
People maybe forget Josh Doan was drafted at 19 and is now 21. He's been solid in the USHL and NCAA's, looking forward to see what he does in the American league.

What kind of sin did the Doan lineage commit to be chained to that franchise?
Which animal / young virgin did the Penguins sacrifice on a mountain top to win favor with the hockey gods and get Mario Lemieux and Sidney Crosby for free in the entry draft? Perfect weather in season and a city with a bright economic future ... there's a reason so many Pennsylvanians move to Arizona and so few Arizonans move to Pennsylvania.

Chris Bourque played 18 games in BOS in a year he was also PPG in the AHL. He had already played parts of 3 seasons with WAS and PIT and played VERY well in the AHL for 6 seasons before going to BOS. In the years since, he's been very good back in the AHL, Russia, Switzerland and Germany. That's not nepotism. That's "giving someone a shot."

Last edited:

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Believe it or not there are actually some people who like the Coyotes and living in Phoenix. Shane had ample opportunity to leave yet signed multiple contracts with the franchise. Using a kid signing his ELC to take yet another swipe at a franchise is just low class. There are plenty of other threads to criticize them in.
Sorry, I did not realize jokes were not allowed in such threads. I'll save my tomfoolery for the trade value thread in 5 years.
Which animal / young virgin did the Penguins sacrifice on a mountain top to win favor with the hockey gods and get Mario Lemieux and Sidney Crosby for free in the entry draft?
The deal was we get Mario and Sid but have to hire Pierre McGuire for a year so he can get a Cup ring. Not sure it was worth it or not to be honest.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
He played 18 of his 51 NHL games there, was point per game in the AHL when he was called up and played a million journeyman pro games. Weird situation to single out.
In my head he played like 40+ games with the B's that season. Should've checked the stats before I posted lol.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Sorry, I did not realize jokes were not allowed in such threads. I'll save my tomfoolery for the trade value thread in 5 years.

The deal was we get Mario and Sid but have to hire Pierre McGuire for a year so he can get a Cup ring. Not sure it was worth it or not to be honest.
The problem is, there are plenty not joking. It's hard for us to tell anymore. Personally, it's nice to see fans of other teams help stick up for us. It sucks being the laughing stock, hopefully we won't be in the near future.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
One of the better AHL players I've seen and one of the worst NHL players I've seen

Crazy how hard that next step is to really belong in the NHL

He was a very, very bad NHL player.

Kept getting chances because of his AHL play, but very evident he was not an NHL player
Which I can understand. Looking at his AHL stats though he deserves some chances and got them. Wouldn’t say it was because who his dad was.

Reactions: Bfan14

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

So great of you to show up here and post. Very good an necessary. Well done.

Why is this a bruins thread? What the heck is going on in this trainwreck of a thread?

Why does every single coyotes thread devolve into this nonsense?

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
While I hate how they’re ran, the Yotes are a really unique-looking franchise that represents abit of the culture of the American Southwest in a way that no other American team outside maybe the Rangers really represents visually.

On top of that, it’s really easy to root for them when they do well.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad