Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Drake Caggiula signs with the Coyotes (1 year, $700K)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Which facts are those?

""The past four years have been the most enjoyable of my life," Chayka wrote. "In Arizona, I became a husband and a father, while working as hard as possible to make the Coyotes a Stanley Cup contender. I love our players, coaches, staff and fans and I very much wish I could be with the team in Edmonton. Sadly, the situation created by ownership made that an impossibility. " - Chakya

"'Chayka has chosen to quit on a strong and competitive team, a dedicated staff, and the Arizona Coyotes fans, the greatest fans in the NHL,' said the Coyotes" - Team press release

He wanted to be with the team and ownership situation made that impossible. The team itself said he quit, not that he was fired or "run out of town".
I’m not going to rehash this entire thing. You citing these statements is telling. If you want to learn more, start here:
Why were the Coyotes so angry that GM John Chayka quit?

And here:
NHL source: ‘John Chayka is a liar and a quitter’

Nonetheless, how or why he is no longer part of the organization has absolutely nothing to do with the travesty his body of work was and the fact that he’s easily the worst General Manager of any NHL team in the last decade.

Reactions: RemoAZ

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
Nonetheless, how or why he is no longer part of the organization has absolutely nothing to do with the travesty his body of work was and the fact that he’s easily the worst General Manager of any NHL team in the last decade.

I get it you're dyed in the wool anti-Chayka, but I'm glad we can agree that his performance had nothing to do with him leaving the team. Which was my original point. In fact AM was more than pleased enough with it to offer him a extension in the first place. Your opinion of his performance as our GM outside of that unpleasantness is not shared by ownership, who had more insight into his performance than any of us.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I get it you're dyed in the wool anti-Chayka, but I'm glad we can agree that his performance had nothing to do with him leaving the team. Which was my original point. In fact AM was more than pleased enough with it to offer him a extension in the first place. Your opinion of his performance as our GM outside of that unpleasantness is not shared by ownership, who had more insight into his performance than any of us.

I absolutely disagree with your last point about ownership. Chayka had a hockey Ops role.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Never thought I’d see a Coyotes fan defending John Chayka, and then go on to blast Bill Armstrong for lack of trades/moves when he’s only been on the job for what? 13 weeks?

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Never thought I’d see a Coyotes fan defending John Chayka, and then go on to blast Bill Armstrong for lack of trades/moves when he’s only been on the job for what? 13 weeks?

We certainly cannot blame BA for lacks of trades. I have no statistics, other than a hunch, but I suspect those 13 weeks has been an all time low for trades for the league. Disregarding weeks with severe trade restrictions, as in after deadlines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad