Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Darcy Kuemper extended (2 years, $4.5M AAV)

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
The entire goaltending world is looking at this player’s salary and the organization that made him...LA Kings.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
But are we sur he's an NHL starter

No.

But if he was, he'd get a lot more than 2 years on term.

It seems like both sides came to an agreement where they'd give Kuemper the low end starter money, but not the term.

This seems very similar in principal to the Binnington contract. They are both goalies who had very high peaks over short sample sizes. They get paid like starters, but the teams don't have to risk giving up term.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
No.

But if he was, he'd get a lot more than 2 years on term.

It seems like both sides came to an agreement where they'd give Kuemper the low end starter money, but not the term.

This seems very similar in principal to the Binnington contract. They are both goalies who had very high peaks over short sample sizes. They get paid like starters, but the teams don't have to risk giving up term.

Binningtons stats was insane. 24 - 5 - 1 in regular season. 16 wins out of 26 in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if many Blues fans just wanted him to get a good, long contract. Even if he failed on it, they would have loved him forever.

Kuemper was 27 - 20 - 8. It's good stats. It's not as super as Binningtons. It's not close. But perhaps it was right to give shorter term in Kuempers case. It's, as you say, low end starter money. But I, for one, think you could risk this with a goalie.

The problem here is, the goalies agent might tell his man he should sign shorter term, to get a higher cap-hit in a few years. You seem to ignore this possibility.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Binningtons stats was insane. 24 - 5 - 1 in regular season. 16 wins out of 26 in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if many Blues fans just wanted him to get a good, long contract. Even if he failed on it, they would have loved him forever.

Kuemper was 27 - 20 - 8. It's good stats. It's not as super as Binningtons. It's not close. But perhaps it was right to give shorter term in Kuempers case. It's, as you say, low end starter money. But I, for one, think you could risk this with a goalie.

The problem here is, the goalies agent might tell his man he should sign shorter term, to get a higher cap-hit in a few years. You seem to ignore this possibility.
Yes Keumper’s .925 save percentage in 55 regular season games pales in comparison to Binnington’s .927 save percentage in 32 games.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX

Look at the teams they play for. Record doesn't give all of the facts...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad