Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Coyotes sign F Nathan Smith to ELC (2 years, $883.75k AAV)

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada

220.jpg

This avatar is great! :laugh::laugh:

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Good for Arizona I guess. I wasn't sure if he'd sign there either or try to go to free agency with the college loophole after not wanting to come to Winnipeg

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think Arizona is taking an interesting angle, their arena situation seems to be helping them attract college players and there’s obviously opportunity to play in that lineup as well. Hope it works out!

Reactions: BringTheReign

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think Arizona is taking an interesting angle, their arena situation seems to be helping them attract college players and there’s obviously opportunity to play in that lineup as well. Hope it works out!
I think it’s more that if your game is nhl ready or right there then signing with a teams that has openings makes sense. If you requires development time in the A then you should also factor in the track record of the team in developing players in the A into the NHL.

End goal isn’t just to play in the NHL’s on your elc. It’s to hopefully have a career in the nhl that lasts several years. Whichever avenue helps you achieve that is the one you should pick.

Reactions: BringTheReign

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Ooh interesting, the "reverse Blake Wheeler" eh

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
No love for Nathan Smith?
I imagine Arizona fans are a little unaware of him and Jets' fans are too busy grumbling about him not wanting to come to Winnipeg to say anything :laugh:

As a Winnipeg fan, I was really excited for him and I'll probably tune in to watch his first game whenever that happens.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
He bailed out of Winnipeg because there was no hope of becoming a top-9 centre (Scheifele, PLD, Lowry). He will get the ice time in Arizona, but the question is whether he will properly develop there. He’s Andrew Copp lite if he does hit his potential.

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016
He bailed out of Winnipeg because there was no hope of becoming a top-9 centre (Scheifele, PLD, Lowry). He will get the ice time in Arizona, but the question is whether he will properly develop there. He’s Andrew Copp lite if he does hit his potential.
Having a coach like Tourigny is a solid start for his potential development here. I wouldn't have thought the same if Tocchet was still in Arizona.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Oh, I didn't realize he was injured. Do they think it's season ending, or are they confident he'll get into some games? Is he practicing, with/without contact?
He already signed his elc and have been spotted on the ice, but not practicing with the team.

Reactions: jmelm

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Oh, I didn't realize he was injured. Do they think it's season ending, or are they confident he'll get into some games? Is he practicing, with/without contact?

Craig Morgan had previously said Jack was skating with Coyotes' staff but I haven't heard about him practicing with the full team. Everything said by those in charge so far though has indicated McBain is expected to get into a few games this season.

Reactions: jmelm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad