Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Coyotes re-sign Jordan Oesterle (2 years, $1.4M AAV)

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Good signing for a bottom pairing guy that can actually play. Has been pretty relevant the last 10 games or so.

Reactions: Franson

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Can’t believe the Oil found this guy, then decided “na, not good enough for this team.” Good thing we got Benning at a bargain 1.9 mil per.

Happy for the Yotes and Oesterle though. Kid busts his ass every game. Kinda reminds me of Kris Russell... just wish Russell got paid the same.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Another former oiler Dman that turns out to be a serviceable NHL defenseman after hey gave up on them.

Someone needs to make a list of the 10 years of darkness and the shit whits involved at each point in time. I bet you could fill at least 3-5 pages with it.

As for the topic I always liked him, good signing.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Can’t believe the Oil found this guy, then decided “na, not good enough for this team.” Good thing we got Benning at a bargain 1.9 mil per.

Happy for the Yotes and Oesterle though. Kid busts his ass every game. Kinda reminds me of Kris Russell... just wish Russell got paid the same.

When he played for us I thought he was pretty quick in the decision making department and he played fairly well positionally. I think we gave up on him because management was under the impression that we had half a dozen bottom pairing d-men on the farm team when in reality we didn't even have one.

Reactions: Roof Daddy

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I mean, we do and all, but I was really just making a Hossa joke. :)
What, you don't like Hossa? That dudes a future HOFer. I expect all of you at HF Yotes to own at least two of his jerseys by now.

Reactions: RABBIT

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
When he played for us I thought he was pretty quick in the decision making department and he played fairly well positionally. I think we gave up on him because management was under the impression that we had half a dozen bottom pairing d-men on the farm team when in reality we didn't even have one.

Pretty much. Beyond perplexing why we gave up on him. I made the Benning reference for a reason, because it seems like Oesterle for Benning is - for all intents and purposes - a trade. Oesterle was signed by the previous regime, Chia deemed him expendable and signed Benning because he was his guy going back to the Boston days.

So Benning is RH, and occasionally pulls a Kronwall with a big step up hit in the neutral zone, and......... someone help me, he does something else better than Oesterle, right? Right?

Imagine having Oesterle this season? We don’t acquire Manning, probably not Petrovic either, meaning we still have our 3rd and Caggiula. Why do I feel like Charlie Day in “Its Always Sunny” on the Pepe Sylvia episode?

Reactions: Yarbles02

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
oesterle is mad underrated

had to up his stats in nhl 19 and run him on the bottom pairing in new jersey for a decade

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Pretty much. Beyond perplexing why we gave up on him. I made the Benning reference for a reason, because it seems like Oesterle for Benning is - for all intents and purposes - a trade. Oesterle was signed by the previous regime, Chia deemed him expendable and signed Benning because he was his guy going back to the Boston days.

So Benning is RH, and occasionally pulls a Kronwall with a big step up hit in the neutral zone, and......... someone help me, he does something else better than Oesterle, right? Right?

Imagine having Oesterle this season? We don’t acquire Manning, probably not Petrovic either, meaning we still have our 3rd and Caggiula. Why do I feel like Charlie Day in “Its Always Sunny” on the Pepe Sylvia episode?

When total recall comes out I'm going to have to get that deleted.

Reactions: Roof Daddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad