Confirmed Signing with Link: [ARI] Coyotes re-sign Adin Hill (1 year, $800k, 1-way)

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hill has decent potential. I don’t think Arizona sees him as a starter long term but he’s a big goalie and a perfect project for goalie coach Corey Schwab. He is gigantic and just playing to his size and a little more calm would be of big benefit to him.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
He's a promising young goalie and certainly gives them the option to make a trade. But he was also pretty much guaranteed to re-sign, so that isn't anything we didn't know yesterday.

Reactions: qqaz

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Hill has decent potential. I don’t think Arizona sees him as a starter long term but he’s a big goalie and a perfect project for goalie coach Corey Schwab. He is gigantic and just playing to his size and a little more calm would be of big benefit to him.

Schawb is your goalie coach good for him I remember when he saved our season when Cujo went down.

Reactions: qqaz and Mosby

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
so that isn't anything we didn't know yesterday.
We now know Hill is on a one-way which means someone else is definitely moving. It's not just "probably moving a goalie". Someone is going. Maybe both.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
All but confirms Keumpfer trade.

Coyotes can't afford 800k in the minors.

Last edited:

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I would think Raanta would be kept until the deadline who knows

Raants is a helluva goalie but the injury history makes him a tough sell for sure. One idea I think could work is Raanta to Buffalo for Johansson.

Lots of options for AZ's starter. Vegas is going to have to pay up for someone to take MAF. Colorado could flip Grubauer. Andersen could be an option but not sure it makes sense to move a pick for him and effectively dent the return for Kuemper. Some good options in UFA too like Holtby that cost only cash.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Raants is a helluva goalie but the injury history makes him a tough sell for sure. One idea I think could work is Raanta to Buffalo for Johansson.

Lots of options for AZ's starter. Vegas is going to have to pay up for someone to take MAF. Colorado could flip Grubauer. Andersen could be an option but not sure it makes sense to move a pick for him and effectively dent the return for Kuemper. Some good options in UFA too like Holtby that cost only cash.

Unless Kuemper was in a potential Andersen deal.

Arizona is cutting budget right? welk Andersen's salary this coming season is 1 million Kuemper's is 3.5 million cash

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Unless Kuemper was in a potential Andersen deal.

Arizona is cutting budget right? welk Andersen's salary this coming season is 1 million Kuemper's is 3.5 million cash

Salary expenditure right now is something like 60M. Budget is believed to be about 70M. Still a good amount of room.

Don't think it makes sense to move the MVP for budgetary reasons.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Raanta has only $2m left in cash on his deal. I could see the team keeping him and Hill as the tandem to start the year. It doesn’t get much cheaper than $2.8m in real dollars for an NHL goalie tandem.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020

I see no reason to move on from Grubauer for anything other than clear upgrade. And given their health, neither Kuemper or Raanta are that.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Kuemper is certainly better than Grubauer, and I like Grubauer. If you're going to slag Kuemper for injury issues, the same can also be said for Grubauer.

I think teams like Ottawa or Buffalo are possibility destinations for Raanta. Maybe Carolina.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I’m surprised Carolina is not in on Kuemper. Seems like the perfect landing spot.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad