Claimed off Waivers: [ARI] Coyotes claim Eric Comrie from Jets

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I know Rantaa is hurt but what happened to Adin Hill ? He hurt too ?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I'm surprised we didn't try to get something in return for him, because he's definitely got potential, but got passed by a guy who struts. I wish Comrie the best in Arizona.

They most likely did try. However, with the number of available goalie spots being limited and the league's awareness of Winnipeg's predicament, the trade market must have been non-existent.

Reactions: hn777

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Not NHL goalie IMO, but who knows i guess. Coyotes are shaping up to be a good defensive team, so they might hit with these more likely than some other teams.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Sucks losing a player for nothing.
But he had fallen to #4 on the depth chart IMO and was really walking a fine line to being a bust.

Oh well I guess.

MotionlessGravity

Apr 15, 2014
Winnipeg
Kid works insanely hard and has a great mind set but I feel like he has never been able to overcome his small size. In fairness this preseason was probably his best showing, he played fairly well. Then Berdin got his period and looks to have passed Comrie already. Bigger, athletic can handle the puck really well. Good luck Comrie.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Is Arizona up against the cap? Internal budget? Because it seems like Casey DeSmith was a much better option if they needed a goalie

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
I'm surprised we didn't try to get something in return for him, because he's definitely got potential, but got passed by a guy who struts. I wish Comrie the best in Arizona.
Comrie is just too small in the net. He's been given lots of chances and has performed poorly. He only got extended 2 years to be expansion draft fodder

Reactions: PaperRockChamp

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
No, Comrie was significantly worse

He played 5 games with the Jets and had good AHL numbers. I'll take your word for it since you've seen him more than I did but this seems like an awfully small sample size to draw a conclusion from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->