Arena Enhancement Discussion Thread

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Why are you looking??? I'm trying very hard to avert my gaze from that same horizon...

I like to see what is in front of me, so I don't trip over it.

Would you feel better if I told you that I ran my first 5k race on October 13? It was 34 F in Milwaukee. I beat 40% of the runners even though I did all of my training, such as it was, in the 55 - 80 F temperature range. I am trying to turn back my biological clock a few years.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Where are the replays in the arena??

They are showing absolutely nothing on the megatron. Only one replay of the goals and nothing for saves, penalties, posts hit, etc. They used to show replays of almost every play, now, nothing.

On that post hit, where I sit it looked like it was a goal and everyone was screaming for a replay.

I don't know what I expect, we can't even get a copy of our goal song that doesn't skip. That's embarrassing for a team in "music city" where recordings and sound are part of the fabric of our city.

Last edited:

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Where are the replays in the arena??

They are showing absolutely nothing on the megatron. Only one replay of the goals and nothing for saves, penalties, posts hit, etc. They used to show replays of almost every play, now, nothing.

On that post hit, where I sit it looked like it was a goal and everyone was screaming for a replay.

I don't know what I expect, we can't even get a copy of our goal song that doesn't skip. That's embarrassing for a team in "music city" where recordings and sound are part of the fabric of our city.
Amen! And the changes on the Jumbotron make me crazy visually!
Have trouble finding shots on goal, whose in penalty box, how much time.............
Get the commercial sponsors out of that area!
Just visually all the updates of games, different stats,etc on the Jumbotron are very confusing.
Wish they would send out a survey for this!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Amen! And the changes on the Jumbotron make me crazy visually!
Have trouble finding shots on goal, whose in penalty box, how much time.............
Get the commercial sponsors out of that area!
Just visually all the updates of games, different stats,etc on the Jumbotron are very confusing.
Wish they would send out a survey for this!
Survey says:

They're trying to create the look of a news/sports station screen output but the ads and fonts are way too big to accomplish this effectively. Instead of just looking busy with a lot of information, it
screams mishmash and bad layout design. The jumbotron in Las Vegas was able to accommodate all the stuff going on but that was because their screen's aspect ratio was different from ours. We can't replicate the information on their board with ours, even with font and placement changes because ours is a cube style. Still, the end look can be improved, whatever ratio it is.

The biggest misuse has been the upper portion. If that was adapted better you would have plenty of room for replays (NEEDED!!! videos need to be the largest thing on that board). The ads are intrusive to the point of making the jumbotron worthless because of their size and the saturated colors blinding you to the other parts of the board. The teams and scores could be minimized to about 3/4 of what they are now and maybe change the font in that section to FF Bau. It's clean and modern but still thick enough for the purpose. The shot count could be made about 1/3 bigger. All this would serve to increase the area available for video. Put some of the information now on the tron (players shift times and other team scores, for example) on the threadscreens running around the arena. Put your sponsor name across the top so that it is seen but doesn't intrude on the video--and for God's sake put a line of black between the ad and the video to focus your eyes there (sorry sponsors). They had it right before, they can do it again. I read (but can't find proof--edit Mark Ford, something about him came up on FB, weird!) that the Preds longtime video engineer died over the summer, so it may be that this is growing pains for a person taking over for a longtime pro. I'm willing to give it a little time but they need to know that this look is in no way a professional display.

And then, once they get everything right they need to use it to show more replay. I still don't know if that was a goal or not, despite being in the arena when it happened. People who pay big bucks to see a game live should get just as many replays as people watching for free on TV.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad