Arena Enhancement Discussion Thread

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I would think if I were responsible for the concessions bottom line then I would actually want feedback on what people think about the product, hence why they send out surveys. The reason they don't get money from me for food is because I'd rather pay $10-$15 to eat a burger/fries at a place like Martin's or even Roberts than what they serve in the arena. We'll occasionally buy some packaged candy but that's about it.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Lol I had no idea there was such food snobbery at hockey games. Eat your over priced greasy hotdogs and nachos and stop whining.
you must not be listening. this is more of a matter of how we spend our time and money at hockey games which are already a huge commitment. this thread is the perfect place for "whining". we live once. time is valuable at a hockey game or home. our money we work hard for is pretty damn important too.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I eat at the game often, but usually during warm-ups. It's a 2-hour drive from Decatur and my choices are to eat before I leave and be hungry by the end of the game, or eat when I get there and be good for the rest of the evening. So the refreshment stands are important to me.

I don't like handing my phone over for the ID card. Let me hold it while they scan it, or put a scanner where I can swipe my phone over it. Whatever. My phone is already broken. On top of which I don't really like the idea of someone handling food and phones. Phones aren't very sanitary. I don't even really like having to handle it myself right before eating.

Don't even get me started on the idea of ordering kiosks. Now, when I can order and pay from an app on my phone five minutes before the end of a period, then go pick up my food without a long line, then we'll be getting somewhere. But waiting in line to use a kiosk, then waiting in another line to get my food, is just nonsense.

They actually tried that up on Club Level maybe 4 years ago. I was part of the test group for it. You had to sign up with some service, then you ordered from your phone. I can't remember now if they brought it to you or just notified you that it was ready (I signed up and checked out the options but I don't remember ordering anything).

At the self serve place up on Club there was an attendant but you scanned your own phone. They wouldn't take cash, though. Too many rules!

I eat at the arena about half the time--depends on who I'm there with and whether we got downtown at 5 or 6:45, mostly.

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
Lol I had no idea there was such food snobbery at hockey games. Eat your over priced greasy hotdogs and nachos and stop whining.
Sorry man, I pay a ton of money to go to these games. It shouldn't be considered "whining" to have realistic expectations compared to other NHL barns; especially when the organization constantly tells you how great the experience they produce is.

Reactions: predfan98

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Sorry man, I pay a ton of money to go to these games. It shouldn't be considered "whining" to have realistic expectations compared to other NHL barns; especially when the organization constantly tells you how great the experience they produce is.
Also, I think the expectations are different depending on how many times you are in attendance. People who attend a game once or twice a year are usually making a bigger night of it than someone who goes to 20+ games and is budgeting food into the overall outlay. I will spend a lot more going to "a" concert at the arena than I do for a normal game night with the same concessions because it's out of the ordinary.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Ok now that I've thought about phones, kiosks screens and food handlers not washing hands and other people's flu and cold germs everywhere"............and a broken phone !!!!!!

Smuggling in little mini bars of booze and food sounds better and better.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I'm 33 so I guess I'm an outlier. But, yeah, basically.

You are on the edge of the bell curve, but have not achieved geezer status yet.

Celebrate your life before you buy that cane!

When I was young, it was "don't trust anybody over 30"!

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I would think if I were responsible for the concessions bottom line then I would actually want feedback on what people think about the product, hence why they send out surveys. The reason they don't get money from me for food is because I'd rather pay $10-$15 to eat a burger/fries at a place like Martin's or even Roberts than what they serve in the arena. We'll occasionally buy some packaged candy but that's about it.
Well, if it's like other years the people working the concessions are often volunteers for some youth sports team and earning $ for that organization. So if they take the hit because the system is "unworkable or clumsy ".....

OriginalName

Aug 22, 2016
Imabari, Japan
I feel bad even mentioning it 'cause it's so petty, but...

I wish a better pizza company would run Hunt Brothers out, but it seems like they have a really close relationship with the organization and do some good promotions for the fans/community. Not a big deal, but I'm not a beer guy, not a hot dog guy, etc... pizza is my go-to consumable good at sports games, so H.B. is a bit of a drag compared to what you get at other arenas. Miss the Papa John's sponsorship from ye olde days. If they're a net good at the end of the day for Nashville then that's what matters, though.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Well, if it's like other years the people working the concessions are often volunteers for some youth sports team and earning $ for that organization. So if they take the hit because the system is "unworkable or clumsy ".....

They may take the hit for the small slice the Preds give them but the Preds are still taking the bigger hit. With that said, if you've never had it to begin with then it may not be perceived as a loss/hit.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Whoever awarded the vendor contract should be punished severely.

Yes, this. What company the preds have subbed out the concessions stands to. But I don't know how many players there are in this area of business. Probably not too many.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Yes, this. What company the preds have subbed out the concessions stands to. But I don't know how many players there are in this area of business. Probably not too many.
Not that the Titans games are a huge concern to a lot of the people on here, but I'm pretty sure I've been hearing over the years that whatever company the arena uses is far more reliable than the stadium. I understand there's like 3 or 4 times the amount of fans at the stadium but I've heard far more complaints from people who go to games there. Then again, I feel like there's always frustration when new things are implemented.

Are those all you can eat/drink tickets now gone? I figured they were being phased out over the last couple of years and would eventually be gone. Assuming they are, I place a lot of blame on visiting/casual local fans for a lot of obnoxiousness that came from their mob-like mentality. Preds fans aren't without fault either, but I just feel like an awful lot of away fans treated the all-inclusive zone like a 3 hour stop on their Broadway bar hop tour. Those sections are (or were) up in my area and over the years it made things really fun at times, but all it takes is a few people to eventually ruin things for all the well-meaning fans.

Not that the Titans games are a huge concern to a lot of the people on here, but I'm pretty sure I've been hearing over the years that whatever company the arena uses is far more reliable than the stadium. I understand there's like 3 or 4 times the amount of fans at the stadium but I've heard far more complaints from people who go to games there. Then again, I feel like there's always frustration when new things are implemented.

Are those all you can eat/drink tickets now gone? I figured they were being phased out over the last couple of years and would eventually be gone. Assuming they are, I place a lot of blame on visiting/casual local fans for a lot of obnoxiousness that came from their mob-like mentality. Preds fans aren't without fault either, but I just feel like an awful lot of away fans treated the all-inclusive zone like a 3 hour stop on their Broadway bar hop tour. Those sections are (or were) up in my area and over the years it made things really fun at times, but all it takes is a few people to eventually ruin things for all the well-meaning fans.

I had seats on the very back row of one of fan zone sections, right in front of the standing room only sections, and the all you can eat nights were the worst. People would nonstop have volume 11 conversations during play and were insanely faced the entire time. It was funny to see the piles of unopened and 3/4 full beers that were piled on those arm rests. You could've had a nice meal and a buzz if you just scavenged for things.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I had seats on the very back row of one of fan zone sections, right in front of the standing room only sections, and the all you can eat nights were the worst. People would nonstop have volume 11 conversations during play and were insanely faced the entire time. It was funny to see the piles of unopened and 3/4 full beers that were piled on those arm rests. You could've had a nice meal and a buzz if you just scavenged for things.
You probably saw me at least 100 times. My voice carries. But me and my friends were always respectful about it and tried to not be annoying.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
You probably saw me at least 100 times. My voice carries. But me and my friends were always respectful about it and tried to not be annoying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad