Are you Still Working? (At Work)

Are you still working (at work)?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Essential service I have worked 147 hours OT after tonight since April. This on top of my regular 40 hours per average workweek. Don't see it changing anytime soon my wife was reduced hours awhile and daughter has been home since March as well. She's lucky she is getting the CERB payments though. Tons of staff burning out but so many off were needed. Gonna be taking plenty of time off after this has run it's course.

Reactions: hoglund and Plural

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
A bunch of folks in my world have 600-800 hours OT since January, most of it March onward. That's 5 extra months work in a 6 month window.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Since it's technically the 8th I've been back at work for a month now. Masks not required, social distancing impossible.

-Temperatures checked before entry.
-Hand sanitizer must be used upon entry.
-Hands must be washed frequently.
-Outside as much as possible.
-Temperatures checked throughout the day.
-Parents aren't allowed in classrooms.
-Everything must be sanitized at the end of the day. Chairs, tables, scooters, bikes, blocks, Legos, markers, crayons, door knobs etc.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Since it's technically the 8th I've been back at work for a month now. Masks not required, social distancing impossible.

-Temperatures checked before entry.
-Hand sanitizer must be used upon entry.
-Hands must be washed frequently.
-Outside as much as possible.
-Temperatures checked throughout the day.
-Parents aren't allowed in classrooms.
-Everything must be sanitized at the end of the day. Chairs, tables, scooters, bikes, blocks, Legos, markers, crayons, door knobs etc.
Have educational professionals been formally recognized as "front line workers"? Thank you for your service! :handclap:

Reactions: Szechwan

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I work in Marine Science for the gov't, have been WFH since early March. A big backlog of data so we've had plenty to keep us busy, but unfortunately no field work allowed so no new data coming in. Happy to be working from home, but miss being out on surveys.

GF works in the concert industry, and is cut back to 75% pay, but also WFH fortunately. Her business is fairly nimble, so hopefully can pivot into doing more TV/Film, outdoor drive in theatres etc. Tough time for many in that field though.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Now been just over 7 months since I worked. Dec. 6th was my last "work day" on a film set. I was on hold for a few gigs in January but they went away, and then I took a trip to Iceland and Norway in later Feb./early March, and then......bottom fell out.

Super fun.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Been laid off for two weeks. Back to work Monday. The world has great need of sporting goods apparently.
May I ask where you work? Canada or US? You can PM if you wish not to answer on here.

i sell licensed hats across Canada and for me, that business has tanked with covid. Luckily, I had a company approach me about selling 3 layer masks and after talking to my nurse wife, I said yes. It has been a great decision. I have sold over 70,000 masks to companies that needed them and now am also selling reusable ones. It saved my company and me from having to apply for gov't help all while helping people find masks when they were not available.

I got lucky.

Kind Sir

Dec 19, 2013
May I ask where you work? Canada or US? You can PM if you wish not to answer on here.

i sell licensed hats across Canada and for me, that business has tanked with covid. Luckily, I had a company approach me about selling 3 layer masks and after talking to my nurse wife, I said yes. It has been a great decision. I have sold over 70,000 masks to companies that needed them and now am also selling reusable ones. It saved my company and me from having to apply for gov't help all while helping people find masks when they were not available.

I got lucky.

Rawlings. Been working 50hrs/week since I came back.

HOW MANY BATS DO YOU PEOPLE REALLY NEED!!!???

Sorry. I just needed to vent.

Reactions: Tripod

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Rawlings. Been working 50hrs/week since I came back.

HOW MANY BATS DO YOU PEOPLE REALLY NEED!!!???

Sorry. I just needed to vent.
I guess youth & adult baseball and softball are one of the few athletic pursuits left these days.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I get into work today and find out I have a $130 Hero Bonus.
Where do you work? I'm a nurse and was supposed to get a 4 dollars an hour danger pay. This was promised in April and still hasn't happened. I know that I should be happy to have a job and I am. Keep safe everyone.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Where do you work? I'm a nurse and was supposed to get a 4 dollars an hour danger pay. This was promised in April and still hasn't happened. I know that I should be happy to have a job and I am. Keep safe everyone.

I'm a teacher but currently working at a Daycare that has a summer camp for 3-12 year olds. They didn't have enough staff for the summer so I'm filling in.

Reactions: hoglund

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I have been working from home since March 16th. My agency seems to be doing fine remotely. My wife still has to go into work every day. Her agency will not allow work from home, for fear of write-offs.

It seems like more of a political or personal belief system issue between the main shot callers at our two marketing firms, rather than an actual financial one.

She has 15-20 co-workers is a modestly-sized office space. One of them tested positive for COVID-19 recently. He had been coming into the office every day. But they have required masks and have been somewhat enforcing social distancing to a degree. Many people chose to get tested after this (he got his result on a Thursday and had been in all week). Everyone’s test came back negative.

It seems, based on this one anecdotal example, that masks and social distancing have an effect. It certainly reassures me that being diligent in precautions can protect us to some extent.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Anyone else getting more and more lazy as this thing continues?

Will be interested to see the approximation of the study they do to find out not only the loss financially on business but also the loss in productivity.

I can’t be the only one in the situation.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Anyone else getting more and more lazy as this thing continues?

Will be interested to see the approximation of the study they do to find out not only the loss financially on business but also the loss in productivity.

I can’t be the only one in the situation.
I will NEVER admit in a public forum to being lazy on my job. So it must be just you. :baghead:

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Work never stopped, nothing really has changed. Albeit we’ve yet to see a single Covid case in the town I live/work in

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Haven’t been out since the start of this except for groceries and what not. I have to go into the hospitals starting next week. A little nervous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->