WWE: Are you not a fan of Kevin Owens? You will be now

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
People can **** on Ryder all they want but nobody here or anywhere outside the company know why they really put it on Ryder and i find it highly unlikely they did it just because he was a nice jobber for them for so long.

There was likely a good backstage reason to do so and people should stop pissing on it. Especially if its a 1 day reign similar to what they did to christian because of edge.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Ryder winning it is fine.

Owens is going straight to the top, didn't need this match, and doesn't need that belt.

It's not like Ryder pinned him.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I don't need more reasons to love Kevin Owens but I do love the fact that in kayfabe, his son is basically named Owen Owens.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
People can **** on Ryder all they want but nobody here or anywhere outside the company know why they really put it on Ryder and i find it highly unlikely they did it just because he was a nice jobber for them for so long.

There was likely a good backstage reason to do so and people should stop pissing on it. Especially if its a 1 day reign similar to what they did to christian because of edge.

I don't think it matters why they did it. It was dumb. He was only in the match because Neville got hurt so if there was some profound reason to have him win, it wasn't their intention in the first place.

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec
I don't mind Ryder winning, I like the guy

but....

the weeks/months before that, either he was losing/squash or not even on RAW or Smackdown

I mean, where's the story, where's the build up? It's like the writers woke up 2 weeks before Mania and decide that

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
My guess with Ryder is that this is WWE's way of saying sorry for that awful burial job a few years ago. I mean that basically ruined his career in WWE

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Is KO ok? That ladder spot looked nasty. And Ryder winning is a joke. The dude will be back to jobbing on Superstars in a month, and everyone else including the title look like **** right now.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Is KO ok? That ladder spot looked nasty. And Ryder winning is a joke. The dude will be back to jobbing on Superstars in a month, and everyone else including the title look like **** right now.

He doesn't deserve to be on superstars.
He's gonna get a huge pop tonight, guarnateed and that dumbasss Vince better listen.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's the stuff like this where they let you in to their real story and how much wrestling meant to them when they were little and what they had to sacrifice at a young age to do this. That really makes me root for them today. Owens could have quit when he started having kids, or any number of reasons could have come into play, but they didn't and that's awesome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad