Proposal: Are you interested in a signed Point on a 8 year deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
MY team the TBL and the NYR are trading buddies. How far along is your rebound? I had an idea that if we traded a signed Point to you on a 8 year deal with his approval and you sent us Kakko? If there needs to be small adds from either side to make it work, I understand. You get a young 1st line center who has scored 40 goals and signed for 8 years. It shows the fan you are ready to compete now and get a proven 1st line center who does play good two-way hockey. WE get an unproven yet talented young forward on a ELC to compete in our window that is closing. If this is a deal that does not interest you as a fan I understand.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I guess you're right, Kakko is technically "unproven"... He's all yours. Our massive contracts are just ending... Its about time we took on a new one for a guy that had one great season playing for the best offensive team in the league

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
MY team the TBL and the NYR are trading buddies. How far along is your rebound? I had an idea that if we traded a signed Point to you on a 8 year deal with his approval and you sent us Kakko? If there needs to be small adds from either side to make it work, I understand. You get a young 1st line center who has scored 40 goals and signed for 8 years. It shows the fan you are ready to compete now and get a proven 1st line center who does play good two-way hockey. WE get an unproven yet talented young forward on a ELC to compete in our window that is closing. If this is a deal that does not interest you as a fan I understand.

I like Point. Very good player.

Prefer to keep Kakko

Also, until such time that the defence is set, we are not yet ready to compete.

Still 2 seasons away from being real dangerous

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
For the correct price, would like thumbs up Point acquisition, even if there is a need to watch how many big salaries you are permitting. Cap reality means careful and limited approvals.
We correctly went 11ish for breadman, that would be the parallel for Point.

Now if there is a way to pay the correct currency and juggle deadwood til exit, presumably once the compliance buyouts are available, if not by some other means beforehand, terrify.
But we 111% want to add to Kakko, not substitute.

The other current factor is exp draft.
There are only 7F slots. Point would have to be protected, Kakko, nope.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

If you're worried the Lightning and their $8m cap space can't afford Point, the Rangers have like $1m. The Rangers couldn't do this even if they liked Point more than Kakko.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan

Bye! Thanks for coming over.

Reactions: CasusBelli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad