Tank?

• Yes, we need another tank year

• No, we need to start inproving

• Undecided, ask me after the first month of two of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Not tank per say but one last top 10 pick would be nice. Ideally I'd like to see us improve and close in on that playoff bubble, I wanna see the kids get hungry for winning.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I see a bottom quartile finish with a real possibility of being in the bottom 4. The roster has too many holes, all being at the high end of the forwards, defensemen and goaltending positions. The team has traded away its quality veterans for picks, prospects and fillers. It is going to take another 2 or 3 seasons for the picks and prospects to develop sufficiently to compete for a playoff spot. The team will need 1 or 2 more top 1-3 draft picks to become a SC contending team, or get lucky with our other picks and prospects.

Well, if you look at our fellow bottom feeders

Us
LA
SJ
NJD
Buffalo
Detroit
Anaheim
Montreal
Chicago
Arizona

I think we can get out of the bottom 4. We've got a lot of relatively mature young players. At the end of the day, at least to me, those young guys are either players or not. And if they are players, that's going to emerge this year.

Look at a guy like Brown. He's either a full time NHLer this year or a bust.

Batherson is going to arrive this year.

I think Chaplik is going to earn a full time spot and be a full time pita to play against.

I don't have high hope for Balcers, but i do see a potential 3rd line guy that can provide some offence.

I think we can also see continued progress fŕom Tkachuk, White and Chabot. I expect them all to be better.

And Hogberg / Nilsson is going to be better than a ton of Anderson

I just think we have way more guys on the upswing than the down swing. Lots of filler ice time last year with Ennis and Namestikov. I'm thinking we can get more out of the young replacements

Heck, the only two guys on the downside are Boro and Ryan and Ryan could have a bit of a rejuvenating year.

Whereas with some of those teams i listed, they don't have a lot of optimism with aging cores that will hage been away for a long time.

I don't see a playoff team, but I'm hoping for low 80s points wise.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Well, if you look at our fellow bottom feeders

Us
LA
SJ
NJD
Buffalo
Detroit
Anaheim
Montreal
Chicago
Arizona

I think we can get out of the bottom 4. We've got a lot of relatively mature young players. At the end of the day, at least to me, those young guys are either players or not. And if they are players, that's going to emerge this year.

Look at a guy like Brown. He's either a full time NHLer this year or a bust.

Batherson is going to arrive this year.

I think Chaplik is going to earn a full time spot and be a full time pita to play against.

I don't have high hope for Balcers, but i do see a potential 3rd line guy that can provide some offence.

I think we can also see continued progress fŕom Tkachuk, White and Chabot. I expect them all to be better.

And Hogberg / Nilsson is going to be better than a ton of Anderson

I just think we have way more guys on the upswing than the down swing. Lots of filler ice time last year with Ennis and Namestikov. I'm thinking we can get more out of the young replacements

Heck, the only two guys on the downside are Boro and Ryan and Ryan could have a bit of a rejuvenating year.

Whereas with some of those teams i listed, they don't have a lot of optimism with aging cores that will hage been away for a long time.

I don't see a playoff team, but I'm hoping for low 80s points wise.

We don’t have the same views. I suspect that many if not most predictions will put the Senators near the bottom of the league next season.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I'm just hoping for some hockey to watch on TV. A "tank" is inevitable. The team is still terrible.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Going to be a tough year to gauge anything no matter what. If they ever get the RTP to happen.. If there are exhibition games for the 7 weaklings. Starting up a season around January... Covid still roaring thru the USA , with higher case counts now than when it peaked originally and no discipline to curtail it. Terrible timing for where the Sens are in the rebuild and their young players trying to prove themselves.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm not hoping for a tank, I just think they won't be that much better than they were this past season for a few reasons. They still have a number of players to move on from in Boro, Anderson (doubt they are re-signed now), Tierny, Reilly & maybe Nilsson. Ryan is a guy they probably want to move on from but can't bc of that contract & may have to wait until the last yr of his contract or buy him out at some point. Zaitsev will be the next Ryan due to the length of his contract.

This should open up a few spots, but at the same time they will want to have a good look at some of their older prospects & decide what to do with them. Chalpik, Balcers, Davidsson, Hawryluk, Carcone, Alsing & Englund are all guys who could get a look before they decide what to do with them. Evaluating these guys IMO could hurt the team in the standings, but help them to secure a better draft position in 2021. IMO it's after the Seattle expansion when the Sens should be ready to establish their team of the future & start working towards a playoff spot.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad