Are you hoping for a tank next year?

Tank?

• Yes, we need another tank year

• No, we need to start inproving

• Undecided, ask me after the first month of two of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
This season is a mess and will impact the next. It will be different and I’m tempted to say play the kids. Let them bond under NHL coaches and conditions in a very carefully crafted season (Covid awareness) which will probably also be shorter. Aim for becoming a dominant team in 21/22

Reactions: NB613

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
They are going to be a very bad team again next year, we will have another good shot at a lottery pick.

They don’t need to tank, they can go out there and play as good as they possibly can and they’re still a lottery team.

Honestly, this team overachieved this year to me, and they were still 2nd last.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Have to assume it will be a few more years of bottom 5, the 2 guys we pick this year shouldn't really touch the league for a year or two imo, we dont sign good or decent players and personally I would still be easing the young prospects in slowly.

Reactions: Cosmix

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I’m sure we won’t be great again next year. We’ll likely add another key piece before starting to get better and having them all making an impact around the same time.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I expect another top 5 pick for sure.

Some marginal improvment maybe, but I don't expect much. They overachieved this last year imo and they finished 2nd last.

Based on the budget and course of action, I don't see any significant additions changing that this year.

Wild card could be goaltending. Their chances will be a lot better if they don't bring Anderson back.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I think we’ll have a lot of young players on the roster that could surprise next year. I’m not expecting playoffs but I wouldn’t be shocked with finishing around 10th last, and I’ll be good with that. I think I’m done with the tank cheering, time to start building a culture.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Playoffs or bust, if you don't make the playoffs, better to have a top 5 pick for your troubles. And we're not making the playoffs.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I don't think any player besides LaFreniere will be immediate impact players. Both 3 and 5 will need a year to get up to speed imo.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Yeah its going to be a few years. I am fully expecting another lottery pick.

Whoever they draft this year i hope they dont rush them. Especially if its Byfield.
Its gonna be tempting for Melnyk to not use Byflield or whoever gets picked 3rd to help try to sell tickets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad