Are You Happy With Your Coaching Staff?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wondered if you guys are happy with the coaching changes. There are fans up here in MN who want to let Yeo go, and bring in someone who can get the team scoring a bit.

Also curious from a local angle... Madden and family live in my town. Would imagine that they would have to move(again) should he be offered a decent contract down there.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
the coaching staff have gotten the players to play a more structured game. i think any change from KD (i like his coaching style, just doesnt fit us) would have been positive.

horachek was a keystone for nashville, hopefully he stays

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I don't mind the job Horachek has done, but I want a coach with experience (not named Jacques). KD didn't work. PDB didn't work (with us at least) how about we get a head coach with experience as a winner in here for once. Calgary brought in Hartley, and despite being awful, they play harder than most other teams.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
not sure what the OP's question was - are you interested in KD? horachek? our assistants?

I don't mind the job Horachek has done, but I want a coach with experience (not named Jacques). KD didn't work. PDB didn't work (with us at least) how about we get a head coach with experience as a winner in here for once. Calgary brought in Hartley, and despite being awful, they play harder than most other teams.

how do you define winner? if you're talking about winning %, JM was a winner. keenan won a cup. look at the fins and JJ. bringing in a "winner" guarantees you all of nothing. if horachek finishes the season strong, he will have shown, in my opinion, that he can do the job HERE, with the players and environment HERE. if we go downhill from here and horachek isn't able to hold things together (not talking about wins, talking about compete, structure, resiliency, etc.), well then we have to keep looking.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
not sure what the OP's question was - are you interested in KD? horachek? our assistants?

how do you define winner? if you're talking about winning %, JM was a winner. keenan won a cup. look at the fins and JJ. bringing in a "winner" guarantees you all of nothing. if horachek finishes the season strong, he will have shown, in my opinion, that he can do the job HERE, with the players and environment HERE. if we go downhill from here and horachek isn't able to hold things together (not talking about wins, talking about compete, structure, resiliency, etc.), well then we have to keep looking.

So far, and since he's gotten here, he's seemed to tried damn near everything I would within certain reasoning.

Until he does something I would never do myself, Coach Horachek has my full confidence.

He seems right for the crew we have.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

I agree with Zero. And another snowball is surfing in hell.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
How does one ever become a NHL coach if only experienced NHL coaches need apply? The league would be dead in 20-30 years and with the average coach only lasting 3 years it'd be like a giant game of musical chairs. Or is it... "coaches new to NHL are OK, but just not for the Panthers"?

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
How does one ever become a NHL coach if only experienced NHL coaches need apply? The league would be dead in 20-30 years and with the average coach only lasting 3 years it'd be like a giant game of musical chairs. Or is it... "coaches new to NHL are OK, but just not for the Panthers"?

I don't think anyone is implying a rookie coach is a defacto bad thing...

This is just our 3rd consecutive one.

So IF Horachuk doesn't work, logic would dictate lets go for an experienced one next time rather than one whose cutting his teeth.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I was trying to say what AG said.
I don't think anyone is implying a rookie coach is a defacto bad thing...

This is just our 3rd consecutive one.

So IF Horachuk doesn't work, logic would dictate lets go for an experienced one next time rather than one whose cutting his teeth.
This.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL

Listen, you can't have the job, because you've never had the job. Oh man, this sounds like what it was like to break into the engineering field for me. "What experience do you have for this entry level position?" *blank stares*

Just because a rookie coach doesn't work, doesn't mean you need a veteran coach. It's about finding the right coach, not the one with the most experience. We've had experienced coaches (Martin, Keenan, etc.) and most of them did not work out. In fact our most inexperienced coaches have been our most successful (MacLean, Dineen) in regards to getting this team to the playoffs. NHL Experience isn't everything.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
He has taken this team from complete trash to something decent. We don't really have top talent yet, but these guys are going to be one day. Horachek has done a fine job and I hope he stays as head coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad