Are you happy with the Domi trade?

Are you happy with the Domi trade?

• Total voters

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
On paper Chayka has done some amazing things, but so far it has not translated to the ice. I think it will this year. We have to make the playoffs this year.

No praise from me until we win some games when it actually counts. How long has it been since we've done that? I wouldn't say we definitely need to make the playoffs. If we contend for a spot for most of the season while adding more young talent, not average at best vets that give us no shot to do anything in the playoffs, I'll be satisfied.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Nope. I think it would have already happened. Actually a few months ago I suggested a package of 5 and Domi+ for 3 and Galchenyuk. I just thought that was a pipe dream given all the flack Domi was receiving for his goal totals.
I think it could still happen. There’s enough doubt about Carolina that Montreal will want to wait until Svechnikov is off the board. Obviously the picks came up during the Domi trade talks. I’d bet it gets revisited on the floor.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No praise from me until we win some games when it actually counts. How long has it been since we've done that? I wouldn't say we definitely need to make the playoffs. If we contend for a spot for most of the season while adding more young talent, not average at best vets that give us no shot to do anything in the playoffs, I'll be satisfied.
We have to make the playoffs. Year 4 of the rebuild. No more excuses. Because most don't have high expectations of this team, contending would be a victory, but it's time the bar is raised. IF we can stay healthy, I think we could have a real shot.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We have to make the playoffs. Year 4 of the rebuild. No more excuses. Because most don't have high expectations of this team, contending would be a victory, but it's time the bar is raised. IF we can stay healthy, I think we could have a real shot.
I thought you said when they fired Tippett that was after only one year of rebuild? So last season was year two?

Reactions: CC96 and _Del_

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
On paper Chayka has done some amazing things, but so far it has not translated to the ice. I think it will this year. We have to make the playoffs this year.
I doubt these kids are ready for that. They are making progress and if they add some good vets they can make the playoffs but I don't see that happening. I think we were 25 points out of a playoff spot. Not even close.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I doubt these kids are ready for that. They are making progress and if they add some good vets they can make the playoffs but I don't see that happening. I think we were 25 points out of a playoff spot. Not even close.
I will take that bet. When will the kids be ready?

Last edited:

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Hey guys! I want to say I respect Domi as a player. I enjoyed watching him play a few years back at the world juniors. That being said....I’m really sad about this trade. Galchy has proven he can be quite effective playing center, but unfortunately we have an incompetent management team in Montreal, and he was jerked around. I’m really hoping they work with him and let him flourish as a center in Arizona.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
This will be year two. We got a new owner, GM, and coach last offseason. The timer resets when that happens, I was told. Nothing before that matters.

Reactions: CC96

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This will be year two. We got a new owner, GM, and coach last offseason. The timer resets when that happens, I was told. Nothing before that matters.
Maybe if you could read you would understand what I said, but apparently, you can't or don't want to understand. IF you truly believe this is year two of the rebuild, you have no idea what a rebuild is, or how one works.

Reactions: cobra427

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I wouldn't be surprised if both GMs know that the top 5 picks are nearly set in stone. Chayka won't pay to move up because he likes the player available at 5.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Of all people, this guy! Haha.

giphy.gif

Reactions: RemoAZ

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I wonder if we should change the title of the thread to “are AZ fans satisfied in the return for Domi”. We all loved the player and the passion he played with.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I wonder if we should change the title of the thread to “are AZ fans satisfied in the return for Domi”. We all loved the player and the passion he played with.
Yup, that would be a more interesting poll. That would be a yes for me.

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
One of Rust or Sheary and Dominik Simon. Two for one. The Penguins reportedly were surprised to find he was dealt because they thaiught that deal was close enough to get it done and expected to land him. Which is pathetic and disgusting. Very glad Galchenyuk was available.
and you know Papa Domi was pushing for Pittsburgh.

Reactions: kbay

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Said no, because I see too much of Duclair's game in Galchenyuk; lethal shot, takes plays off, defensive liability, etc. We've seen how that worked in Tocc's system. I know he's a better player than Duke and brings more to the game....but I still have these fears. Hope someone like Stepan can be a mentor for him.

Re: Max - he's seen Doan and Duclair run out town, he's seen his east/west game struggle in Tocc's north/south system and he probably wanted out. Chayka's hand might have been forced to sell low and while this trade seems more than fair for the Coyotes from a value stand-point I still don't like it.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Said no, because I see too much of Duclair's game in Galchenyuk; lethal shot, takes plays off, defensive liability, etc. We've seen how that worked in Tocc's system. I know he's a better player than Duke and brings more to the game....but I still have these fears. Hope someone like Stepan can be a mentor for him.

Re: Max - he's seen Doan and Duclair run out town, he's seen his east/west game struggle in Tocc's north/south system and he probably wanted out. Chayka's hand might have been forced to sell low and while this trade seems more than fair for the Coyotes from a value stand-point I still don't like it.
It's hard losing a player like Domi. Both players have their warts but I believe Galchenyuk is the better player and he can play C. Some on this board believe he will be a winger so we will have to wait and see but if he can play C this is a big win for the Coyotes. He also likes to shoot the puck.:thumbu:

Reactions: cobra427

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I will take that bet. When will the kids be ready?
One more year at least. It's one thing for them to skate around and try to score and pad point totals. It's another thing to learn what it takes to win. The most striking example of this is when they had the lead going into the last couple of minutes of a game. They looked like a total trainwreck. Some of that is on the coaching too. I'm still up in the air with Tocchett.
But Im much more excited of this group then any that Tippett ever had. This group has the potential to be in the upper third of the western conference. They are building a very good core of young players and if they add to it wisely (spend some money) were going to be in great shape.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->