OT: Are you guys putting up halloween decorations yet

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
I noticed my neighborhood almost no one has halloween decorations yet compared to last years. Maybe ill skip it too. Is it maybe because of this creepy clown thing happening around the world? Are you guys or have you put up your decorations yet

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Could put up some of the "classic" V jersey!

images

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I was walking home from my parents place after visiting the other day, looked around and saw no haloween decorations at all

Sign of the times imo, people don't value traditions, or they're lazy to add another thing to do when no one really cares

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I just put on Canucks games on the TV in my front window - you won't see any kids stopping near my house this year.

Too scary for them.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Can somebody come up with Vancouver Canucks "Scary Clown" outfit?...Oops, forgot.....you only have to tune in Sportsnet on game night.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Even here in Saskatoon the decorations are rare. It seems to be a dying tradition. People are just to lazy these days.

What's next? No Christmas trees?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Do people still trick and treat in Vancouver? How many houses do you have to knock on before you find a house with actual people living in it?

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I haven't had kids at my door in almost 10 years. Most parents in my neighborhood just take their kids to the malls and get it all done in one big swoop staying dry along the way. No need for decs for me.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Do people still trick and treat in Vancouver? How many houses do you have to knock on before you find a house with actual people living in it?

Trick or treating was one of the best parts of my childhood in East Vancouver, 15+ years ago

Solidius

#TankLivesMatter
Jul 7, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
I loved trick or treating in Mount Pleasant. There were always rumours of a house that gave out full-size candy bars that was in the West Side or in Kerrisdale. Too far for us kids. I think my last year was like 2006 when I was 15. That year I think we really just wanted to get free candy that year.

I don't bother putting up decorations since I live in an apartment.

Dutch Rudder

Oct 26, 2016
My first post. Nice to be here since CDC kicked me out, man those donkeys have no sense of humor over there.
Wooden-fence-post.jpg

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

My neighbourhood gets like 200+ kids. Always have to get more candy.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Sugar is bad for you. When I have kids they're going to stay at home and eat kale salads instead of go trick-or-treating.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

Isn't it "standard protocol" that if you leave your lights on in the front and/or the light on outside the door - it means 'trick or treaters' can knock on your door for candy? If all the lights are out - no candy (eg., cheap buggers :naughty:).

WhiteCurse

Jan 4, 2013
Canada VI
Yard is done up for almost 2 weeks now, around half my neigbhors have yards done up aswell. We will see around 75-125 kids tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00